What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Wonder -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
"In a world" where young people are taught to bully and hate, Stephen Chbosky's (Beauty and the Beast, Perks of Being a Wallflower) Wonder makes us believe that A. there may be some good out there, and B. there may be hope.

It's film about a young (middle school) boy, with distorted facial attributes, which has him prepared to be treated more than shabbily by his new classmates, and setting him apart from others, with few exceptions.

I've not read the screenplay, but in other hands, this could have been a typically mawkish film, peopled by types we've seen too many times before.

But it works.

With Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson, and Mandy Patinkin in the adult leads, and Jacob Tremblay (The Room) as the put-upon youngster, it's a film that is affecting and will have you smiling as the curtains close.

Shot with a Red Weapon Dragon (Super 35 / 6k), and finished as a 2k DI, the resultant 4k UHD release, mit HDR, is lovely.

As this is a new release, 4k is the way to go, as it includes standard issue Blu-ray

Image - 5 (Dolby Vision)

Audio - 5 (Dolby TrueHD 7.1)

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, I almost bought this 4K title last week as Amazon is having a 3 for $50 4K/UHD sale. I might still pull the trigger on this blind buy. However, my other two 4K titles were the Cloverfield films that you just reviewed.:)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Watched this last night with the wife and we both really enjoyed it for RAH’s reasons above.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks