What's new

Are you good at solving mysteries? (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
OK, ask anybody if they have ever lost a pair of sunglasses. I think everybody will say they have...in fact that they have lost many pairs of sunglasses over their lifetime.

So, consider this with all those lost pairs of sunglasses that are out there because millions of people have lost sunglasses, probably hundreds of millions of people, and most of them have lost several pairs of sunglasses...we should be tripping over sunglasses all over the place.

There should be hundreds of millions of pairs of sunglasses lying around everywhere. So, even if you lose yours there should be another pair right there that you could pick up and use...but there's not.

So, where have all these lost sunglasses gone? I mean where are they?

Is it a conspiracy? Are they all in the same place? Is there one guy out there that wanders around picking up lost sunglasses and he has them all? Is there a government agency that has a giant warehouse where they have everybody's lost sunglasses? I mean I think I've actually lost at least 30 pairs of sunglasses in my life. If everybody has lost sunglasses that many times in their life that's a giant number of missing sunglasses.

Here's a theory...the sunglass industry has developed some secret technology that causes your sunglasses to literally disintegrate when you are not looking after a certain period of time...this would at least explain why we can't find all of those missing glasses.

Thoughts? Anyone?
a sunglass.jpg

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
I remember a scifi story some time ago where they determined that coat hangers mated and laid safety pins - the safety pins hatched and became coat hangers. That's why you always have a lot of coat hangers but can never find a safety pin. Perhaps you should see what you have a lot of - they might have been sunglasses... Just sayin"

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I've lost so many pairs of expensive sunglasses I was motivated to develop a new rule. Nowadays my "driving" sunglasses never leave the car, even when I do. Likewise my "around the house" sunglasses live in the garage and are necessarily cheap. I have a pair assigned to my wife's car and another assigned to my travel bag. Over the years I found the common problem was ME. If I know they cannot leave their assigned location I'm much less likely to lose them... Theoretically... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks