What's new

Pre-Order Windjammer: The Voyage of the Christian Radich - 2017 Authorized Restoration (Blu-ray) Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
815eKWYD-IL._SX522_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Thanks Ron

For those near LA on April 28th -the new restoration of Windjammer will screen at the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood on the full curved screen as part of the Turner Classic Movies Film Festival.

Fantastic news! Thanks. I will be there! :dancing-banana-04:

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I saw it at the Roxy. I was 6. My mom wanted to walk out because it was a small screen in black and white. Then it happened...Cinemiracle began.
WINDJAMMER...became my mom's and my favorite film. We played the soundtrack LP so much , we wore it out and bought another one. "While Kari waits for me....."

Eastmancolor

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Harwood
I saw it at the Roxy. I was 6. My mom wanted to walk out because it was a small screen in black and white. Then it happened...Cinemiracle began.
WINDJAMMER...became my mom's and my favorite film. We played the soundtrack LP so much , we wore it out and bought another one. "While Kari waits for me....."

Ken, you were fortunate to see the great Roxy Theatre in NYC only a year or two before it was demolished. I would have loved to have seen that grand 6000 seat movie palace. Though when they put the new screen in for Cinemiracle, they did some damage to the auditorium and proscenium.

If you have any stories about visiting the Roxy, please send me a note.

John Skoda

Second Unit
Will Flicker Alley have a 2fer deal on this with THIS IS CINERAMA as with past Cinerama releases?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m currently going through the review copy and hope to have a formal review published as soon as time permits, but I just wanted to quickly say that the quality here, both of the main feature itself and bonus materials, is outstanding. I’m astounded by the quality of what I’m seeing here.

P.S. The film includes vintage footage of Puerto Rico around the 48 minute mark, including the Caribe Hilton hotel where my wife-to-be, our friends and family stayed during our wedding - we picked that location because it had a wonderful, classic and classy, feel to it - it was fantastic to see nearly 60 year old film footage of these beautiful locations. And being there in person did actually seem as if we had just walked into the film. So I will treasure this particular disc a little bit extra because of that connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks