What's new

THE LAST PICTURE SHOW.... will we ever see a single disc blu ray release?? (1 Viewer)

Jim*Tod

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
Peter Bogdanovich's THE LAST PICTURE SHOW turned up on TCM this week in a fairly poor standard definition transfer. The only release on blu ray in the U.S. is as part of boxed set of AMERICA LOST AND FOUND. I asked on the Criterion site a while back if they ever intended to release it as a stand alone disc and they said no. This great film deserves much better than this... surely Sony could release this... I think they still own the Columbia films from that period. Anyone hear about this coming out as a single blu ray?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I waited a long time for this to be released solo. Fortunately, Criterion sent me a $50 coupon code as part of their bonus points program, so I leveraged that with one of their 50% off sales and picked up the entire America: Lost and Found set for about $12.50.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
If you are dead set against the box set, which by the way is a fantastic collection of movies for a mere $9 per film, then I would suggest importing it from Germany where Sony has just released it as a region free disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks