What's new

RIP Nanette Fabray (1920-2018) (1 Viewer)

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I always loved her. I have many of her cast album recordings from Broadway (thankfully she came to Broadway just at the right time when cast recordings were starting to be made), and I always enjoyed her as a guest star on Carol Burnett's variety show and her other various guest appearances. I never could understand why they didn't try more often to mount a new television series around her.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
From what I understand, she had hearing problems throughout her life that make it all the more impressive that she had such career longevity.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A series of operations eventually restored much of her hearing, but for the largest part of her career on the stage and TV, she had profound hearing loss.

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
Nanette Fabray was always bursting with enthusiasm and was, of course, a tireless spokesperson for the hearing-impaired. Although her film appearances were infrequent, she's a total dynamo in Vincent Minnelli's classic "The Band Wagon" (1953), especially in her ebullient "Louisiana Hayride" and hilarious "Triplets" numbers. She will be missed.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Farewell in February to Miss Fabray; a life well lived.:cool:

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Always loved her growing up, but I recently got the early "lost" Carol Burnett Show episodes where she was a frequent guest and really fell in love with her. She was remarkable in sketch comedy. And in one she performed a beautiful rendition of "Over the Rainbow" in sign language. RIP to a very talented, lovely woman.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I guess I was to young to remember her film career. I only recall those silly commercials where her hair blew back and she'd say "sometimes cooking can be a bore". Don't even know what product she was trying to sell.

Kind of sad, but I guess anything goes when in search of the almighty $.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks