What's new

Question about ceiling mount (1 Viewer)

javidr

Auditioning
Real Name
javi
Hi

I have bought a Benq HT2050 and i am struggling to find a place to install it. I have a My Wall H16 -1WL ceiling mount

Both the wall and the ceiling seem to be made of plasterboard, as when i knock it it sounds like if it was a hole.

The options i have are:

1 - Mount it in the ceiling. As i said, i fear it might be too heavy and fall down

2 - Mount it in the wall. Pretty much the same

3 - use a shelf and put it on top of this. This is safe, but, i will need to incline it a lot

Which solution would you suggest?

Thanks

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Get an electric stud finder at your local hardware store, and use it to find the rafters in the ceiling, and which way they run. Once you do that you can mount a board or piece of plywood between the rafters, and secured to the rafters. Then you can mount your projector to the plywood.

If you don’t like the exposed plywood, you could cutout the sheetrock around it, so that it’s secured to the rafters flush with the surrounding sheetrock. You could then hire a contractor to finish it out and apply matching ceiling texture the board.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks