What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon

Weekly RoundUp 3-20-2018
WRU-Banner-2018a-1024x661.jpg

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…

The Features

full

– Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle – 2017

full

– Pitch Perfect 3 – 2017

– The Passion of Joan of Arc – 1928

full

– Downsizing – 2017

full

– The New Centurions – 1972

full

– Small Town Crime – 2017

full

– The Black Scorpion – 1957

full

– Highway Dragnet – 1954

Weekly RoundUp 3-20-2018

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the price list and posters, Mike!

I'll eventually see Jumanji and The New Centurions. I'll probably be content with my DVD of The Black Scorpion unless there is a drastic price reduction.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you for your work, Mike!

Downsizing was an interesting failure full of big ideas that didn't wok at all as a cohesive whole. Those interested would be advised to rent it. I'm gad I saw it, but I really don't feel the need to see it again.

I really liked Pitch Perfect 3 much more than I expected to and would like to get the trilogy set at some point, since I haven't bought the others yet, either.

But I don't want it quite enough to buy it right away over some other big titles that have been coming out recently or are coming out soon in the coming weeks So I'll wait on it for a bit, and it would be nice if it came down from $42 in the process.

As such, I'm taking a breather this week.

Last edited:

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I want to get The Burbs and we really enjoyed Jumanji so I’ll pick it up.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike, The Passion of Joan of Arc is a must see/must own at some point. Glorious film.

Jose, I've already pre-ordered Kino's version of the 1948 Joan of Arc (with Ingrid Bergman). Something tells me that'll push my hand. But I'll probably wait until the next B&N Criterion sale. I've already got a growing list of Criterions on my list for that sale: Tom Jones and The Awful Truth.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Jose, I've already pre-ordered Kino's version of the 1948 Joan of Arc (with Ingrid Bergman). Something tells me that'll push my hand. But I'll probably wait until the next B&N Criterion sale. I've already got a growing list of Criterions on my list for that sale: Tom Jones and The Awful Truth.
I already own the Masters of Cinema edition of Passion/Joan, but I'll wait for the B&N sale and pick up the Criterion edition as well. I saw Bergman's Joan and For Whom the Bell Tolls (complete versions, I might add), at my local cinemas in PR. They were so beautiful, those 3-strip Tech prints! The movies were also quite long. Even though I was quite young, how could one not appreciate those gorgeous close-ups of Bergman?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks as always, Mike!

Jumanji
looked dreadful to me, but given the cultural phenomenon it became I'll probably Redbox it at some point to see what all of the fuss is about. But no purchases. Which is just as well since we've got Star Wars coming up the following week.

I'll be picking up The 'Burbs this week.
This would have been a must buy for me if Universal had released it with catalog title pricing instead of licensing it to Shout, which charges first run pricing. Just can't justify $20 for a thirty year old movie with minor cult status that I've seen a gazillion times on basic cable.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Downsizing was an interesting failure full of big ideas that didn't wok at all as a cohesive whole. Those interested would be advised to rent t. I'm gad I saw it, but I really don't feel the need to see it again.

Thanks Jake. I missed Downsizing in the theater and will likely Redbox it now.

Thanks to you too Mike!

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for another Weekly RoundUp, Mike!

Going to hold off on this weeks releases for better pricing. I have quite a few on pre-order for next week that I'm saving up for.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This would have been a must buy for me if Universal had released it with catalog title pricing instead of licensing it to Shout, which charges first run pricing. Just can't justify $20 for a thirty year old movie with minor cult status that I've seen a gazillion times on basic cable.
If you don't care about special features, I'm pretty sure that Universal did a movie-only release that was fairly cheap. Looking at Amazon, I got lucky because I pre-ordered the Shout Factory one and the price dropped to about $14 at some point so I'm getting it at that price rather than the $20 they're currently charging.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I believe there was a budget-priced bare bones release of "The 'Burbs" as a Best Buy exclusive last year.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The BB 3/$50 UHD sale was advertised today in their online ad with 16 total titles.

They also have 2/$30 UHD on swine Fox titles.

There was also a Disney BD display with various titles marked down. Frozen, Nig Hero 6, live action Cinderella and Jungle Book and a bunch more.

Nothing else stood out to me from the ad or any in store displays.

Amazon is still doing their 3/$50 UHD sale. Titles continue to change.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I didn’t see the 2/$30 Fox titles when I checked. I wonder if that’s regional. Or if it’s not, if you’d be willing to post a link, Jason.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I didn’t see the 2/$30 Fox titles when I checked. I wonder if that’s regional. Or if it’s not, if you’d be willing to post a link, Jason.

I didn’t find it online and it ,ay have been regional. If I make it back this week, I’ll check the sign to see what it says.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Hey RoundUppers!

Nothing pre-ordered this week for me. About the only title I might be interested in is Criterion's silent The Passion of Joan of Arc.

No Best Buy flyer...again. :angry:

Safe shopping!
As of this writing Amazon has it is 19 cents cheaper than a 1/2 price sale (I pre-ordered it in February ... :cool:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread