What's new

Pre-Order The Matrix (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
91c5fVGrGXL._SY679_.jpg
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Hope this doesn't have the green wash over everything.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Nope. The way it's always looked on video is not the way it looked in the cinema.
The green look within the Matrix was intentional, and had nothing to do with a different look for video releases.

Wachowskis: One of the things we tried to do with the Neb for when we were shooting “in the real world” was use long lenses to separate the humans from the backgrounds as opposed to when we shot the Matrix we used short lenses to place the humans in specific deep spaces. We also tinted all of the lights blue in the “real world” and green in the Matrix.

Spark: What made you decide on the green tint for being in the Matrix?

Wachowskis: It was a whole motif inspired by the phosphorous green of old PC’s.

Last edited:

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
The green tint was not present on the original theatrical prints. I saw it a couple of years ago on 35mm and it looks nothing like the current blu-ray. Even the initial DVD release didn't look too bad.

The tint was intentional for the sequels, and the colour in the original was redone to match that look.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Here's one with a mild green tint, but again, nothing like the blu-ray:

Matrix 3.jpg

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The theatrical prints I saw many times all had the green tint.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The green tint was not present on the original theatrical prints. I saw it a couple of years ago on 35mm and it looks nothing like the current blu-ray. Even the initial DVD release didn't look too bad.

The tint was intentional for the sequels, and the colour in the original was redone to match that look.
So you don’t believe the Wachowski quote above?

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
So you don’t believe the Wachowski quote above?
I don't think they're lying. There are definitely shots and scenes with a green bias, but nowhere near to the extent of the blu-ray. And much of it, especially the exteriors, is much more neutral. I think this is a case of revisionist colour, in much the same way as the teal wash over the Blade Runner final cut and Aliens.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Regarding the green, I believe it was always there but exagerrated too much on the BD.

On any rate, the DP oversaw the new color timing for this release so that will settle it for me.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
That surprised me a bit too. My guess is they are going to base it on sales; if this sell well, the sequels will follow. Perhaps Fox is doing the same with Die Hard.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’ll order it.

Amazon s order guarantee enabled in case it accidentally goes to $10 before it ships.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I really didn't like the sequels so I'm not to bothered, but then again as a home theater enthusiast, I bet they would be amazing with an immersive track.

I'll be picking this up because I don't own it on bluray.

Mike Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
Went out to preorder using the link above. Says it's not available yet. So is this some more Amazon BS only with Warner rather than Disney?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Well I tried to order but Amazon seems to have removed the link.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks