What's new

New CBS series "Instinct" (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The pilot episode didn't grab me, but I'm hoping it improves as it goes along with additional episodes.

v1.dDsyODE4NjY7ajsxNzY0MzsxMjAwOzE2MDA7MjQwMA

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I found it mediocre. I love mysteries, and the mystery in this episode was pretty good. The characters apart from the leading role Alan Cumming plays need work to emerge as real people. I'll continue watching, and hopefully there will be steps up from the pilot.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
I haven't watched it yet. Got a bit of a "Monk" vibe from the ads CBS ran. This seems to be building on the quirky and brilliant crime solver with good looking and grounded partner format that's everywhere now.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I found it mediocre. I love mysteries, and the mystery in this episode was pretty good. The characters apart from the leading role Alan Cumming plays need work to emerge as real people. I'll continue watching, and hopefully there will be steps up from the pilot.
Same here, I'm hoping it approves as I like the cast.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Mediocre is a good word to describe it. I found it too predictable and not entertaining enough. But with Alan Cummings in it, I will give it time.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Im interested, but the last few years I just record episodes for new series and do not watch any until they get a full season order or are ordered for a second season. If not, I just delete.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Where does he live?

He works at Penn which is near downtown Philly but everything he does is in NY.
He meets with his publisher every episode and consults on murders in NY too.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Second episode just as mediocre as the first. I'll continue watching because I like mysteries, but it isn't very compelling.

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
I gonged it after two episodes. There are so many better things to watch. Perhaps if the main character wasn't so irritating, I might have stuck around longer.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
This was a somewhat better episode tonight with interesting family subplots dealing with the two main characters and a crafty murderer.

The plot of the death of the Amish kid was literally taken almost verbatim from a Murder, She Wrote episode: an Amish boy denied music is actually a piano prodigy and leaves the community to pursue his love of playing. He gets murdered, but the detectives manage to present the parents with a digital recording of their son playing his Julliard audition.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Others also noticed the similarity to last night's episode and another procedural, except I was wrong recalling it was from Murder, She Wrote. It was actually lifted from Bones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks