What's new

Not seeing some pictures - broken links instead. (1 Viewer)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
In the TV/DVD forum there's a thread for THE INVADERS. In this post:

The Invaders

I cannot see the image that was posted. Using the "report" feature, I got a reply from DaveF that it's working for him. Others also seem to be able to see it. I can see the actual image when DaveF posted the URL:

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2018/03/20/INVADERSLarge.jpg

and in fact, when I posted my version of the same image, I too used imageupload.co.uk, and see that just fine.

I've had all adblockers turned off for this site for a long time and have verified that it's still off.

This is what I see:

HTFPost.jpg

I've tried Chrome, MD Edge, Internet Explorer, and my Android phone using Chrome for Mobile. What the heck could be going on?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
This is interesting... at home I see what Harry sees. I tried with a Chromebook and a desktop running Win10 with Firefox and Edge. All with the same result - no image, just as on the post. That's with all ad blockers and script blockers disabled so everything can come through. I can get to the host site on both systems without issue even with the blockers enabled. I'm on AT&T DSL.

At work, where I can see the embedded image properly, the traffic comes through our State Education pipe (which is firewalled and filtered at the state level) or through a local fibre connection (business class service from the ISP - locally firewalled and filtered). At work, most non-business traffic goes through that 3rd party connection but can go through the state connection depending on bandwidth usage/needs. An automatic aggregator controls the traffic unless we take over to do some static routing for specific needs.

Last edited:

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Its possible there is a CDN problem. We cache images and other parts of the forum in different locations so you are usually going to a server closest to you to get the content which speeds things up. That would explain why some people can see it while others cant. I'll pass this onto the technical team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks