What's new

Minuscule: Valley of the Lost Ants (2013) 3D (1 Viewer)

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
This French animation is a total delight. Basically it's an insect-based "Finding Nemo" with nods to "The Two Towers", "Psycho" and any movie involving a chase through a National Park.
Fantastically detailed CGI creatures are seamlessly combined with beautiful live action backgrounds make for a visual treat as an injured ladybird helps out a tribe of black ants besieged by a much larger force of murderous red ants.
A gang of hooligan flies, a kleptomaniac spider and a particularly nasty frog add to the fun and games.
There's no dialogue as the insects communicate via sound effects and expressive eye movements so the usual anthropomorphism common to most animated movies is kept to a minimum.
There's plenty of depth and a bit of pop out but humour is the main selling point along with a fair bit of excitement as the final showdown unfolds.
Why it isn't better known is a mystery.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This French animation is a total delight. Basically it's an insect-based "Finding Nemo" with nods to "The Two Towers", "Psycho" and any movie involving a chase through a National Park.
Fantastically detailed CGI creatures are seamlessly combined with beautiful live action backgrounds make for a visual treat as an injured ladybird helps out a tribe of black ants besieged by a much larger force of murderous red ants.
A gang of hooligan flies, a kleptomaniac spider and a particularly nasty frog add to the fun and games.
There's no dialogue as the insects communicate via sound effects and expressive eye movements so the usual anthropomorphism common to most animated movies is kept to a minimum.
There's plenty of depth and a bit of pop out but humour is the main selling point along with a fair bit of excitement as the final showdown unfolds.
Why it isn't better known is a mystery.

A mystery to me as well since it has no dialog and would therefore play without audio modification anywhere in the world. The 3D is splendid. It is available on 3D Blu-ray from, I believe, Australia...can't remember where I got it from, actually.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
A mystery to me as well since it has no dialog and would therefore play without audio modification anywhere in the world. The 3D is splendid. It is available on 3D Blu-ray from, I believe, Australia...can't remember where I got it from, actually.
I purchased the Australian version from Amazon.co.uk back in 2014. The back cover has a region B logo but I verified the Blu-ray 3D is region-free. EAN# 9-318500-052599

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks