What's new

Men in Black International (2019)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Title: Men in Black International (2019)

Genre: Action, Comedy, Science Fiction

Director: F. Gary Gray

Cast: Chris Hemsworth, Tessa Thompson, Liam Neeson, Rebecca Ferguson, Emma Thompson, Rafe Spall, Kumail Nanjiani, Jess Radomska, Viktorija Faith, Ania Sowinski, Andy Beckwith, Stephen Wight, Penelope Kapudija, Jacqueline Ramnarine, Bern Collaço, Hiten Patel, Anatole Taubman, Nasir Jama, Adrian Alvarado, Ruth Horrocks, Gary Baxter, Marcy Harriell, Laurent Bourgeois, Larry Bourgeois

Release: 2019-06-12

Plot: The film will focus on the London branch of the team, with Thompson playing Em, a rookie being trained up by seasoned star Agent H, who is played by Hemsworth.

Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson are set to star in the Sony film:

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/t...emsworth-in-men-in-black-spin-off-1202732796/

F. Gary Gray (Straight Outta Compton and Fate of the Furious) is set to direct with Steven Spielberg as Executive Producer and Iron Man writers Matt Holloway and Art Marcum penning the script.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
After a weak second entry, I thought Men in Black 3 was a nice return to form that worked and closed out the trilogy nicely. I'm fine with them continuing the franchise, but I'm glad they're moving on from J and K since everything that needs to be said has been said for their story.

Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson are set to star in the Sony film
They had good chemistry together in Thor 3, so I'm on board with this.

F. Gary Gray (Straight Outta Compton and Fate of the Furious) is set to direct
Let's hope this turns out better than his last follow-up (Be Cool) to a Barry Sonnenfeld movie (Get Shorty).

Iron Man writers Matt Holloway and Art Marcum penning the script.
Their two movies since then haven't been nearly as well-received, though other factors are at work there: There were significant creative differences between Lexi Alexander and Lionsgate on Punisher: War Zone and Transformers: The Last Knight was written in services of Michael Bay's increasingly incoherent vision.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
After a weak second entry, I thought Men in Black 3 was a nice return to form that worked and closed out the trilogy nicely.

Agree. "MIB2" just smelled like a cash grab, whereas "3" felt like a movie they made because they wanted to make it, not because they saw $$$ dancing in front of their eyes.

And it's a fun little movie - I might even like it more than the original!

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Yep, Boris the Animal was a great antagonist. MIB3 was a fun film, and it looks fantastic both in 1080p, 3D, and 4K UHD.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
DjNnOiHW0AEjxuB.jpg

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The first Men in Black is a great film.

The sequels are both garbage. The third one is at least a little better than the second, but stupidly and majorly retcons the first film to diminished returns. So I like to pretend that those never happened, and nothing has gotten me excited for a reboot/spinoff/whatever this is. I suppose the trailer could sell me if it looks really good, but I am incredibly skeptical. Some properties should just be left alone, and nothing in the last 20 years has convinced me that Men in Black is worth reopening.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
While I agree with you about MIB II, I really like the third installment. Boris the Animal is a fantastic character, and Josh Brolin's channeling of Tommy Lee Jones is a joy to behold. To each their own.

Whether or not this fourth film "should" have been made or not, Chris Hemsworth and his great comedic timing certainly have the potential to make it enjoyable.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I really like the third installment. Boris the Animal is a fantastic character, and Josh Brolin's channeling of Tommy Lee Jones is a joy to behold.

I agree with that. Brolin is the best part of that movie for sure. I just find the retconning of the first film which it entails a bridge too far in my opinion.

Chris Hemsworth and his great comedic timing certainly have the potential to make it enjoyable.

I agree with that too. I'm skeptical, but the cast is great, especially Hemsworth, and I love that they're pairing him with Tessa Thompson again since their dynamic opposite each other was great in Ragnarok. If the trailers for this look fun, and the reviews are good, that will probably wear me down. I think part of the reason I'm skeptical at this point is because we haven't seen anything yet.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Speaking of the trailer, where is it? This is, of course, a Sony property, and since it is being released in June, it would make sense for the trailer to debut with Into the Spider-Verse, which is Sony's big bet for the holidays. If we don't see a trailer this week, they'll be missing an opportunity to promote it in front of an audience for Spider-Verse that would seem to be a good match for this property.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Soooo, looks like a remake of the first film, with Thompson in the Will Smith role and Hemsworth in the Tommy Lee Jones role. Disappointing.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Yeah, it doesn't look aggressively bad or anything, but the trailer really did nothing to make me want to rush out and see it.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks