What's new

SyFy Krypton Season 1 (1 Viewer)

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
The accent had my viewing friend ask "So Krypton is in Australia?" (Didn't help any hearing Seg-el call people "mate".) And I was able to verbalize out-loud at least 4 times the exact words that a character response would be. Some nice production design but cliches and anachronisms pulled me out of it. I'll wait for Braniac before deciding whether to stay or bail.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Lets hope it is more than just a "Dallas" on Krypton. (Or "Dynasty" in outer space).

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I watched the premiere episode. I generally liked it. I find the "superman" underpinnings a bit weird. I'd probably be just as happy, or more so, if it were a new property. But fine. TiVo's got a Season Pass, so we'll try it some more.

Though I'll probably watch it streaming from the SyFy app on the AppleTV. I've realized that FIOS is heavily compressing SyFy. Streaming looks and sounds better. (sigh)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I like it very much. Very interesting take on the Superman/House of El mythos

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The guy playing Seg-El is the Blue Steel version of Andy Samberg.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Finally caught up and... I don't think I can continue watching the show. It's sludgy in pace and repetitive and the production design is monotonous and dreary. There's nothing compelling or hooky to interest me. Three episodes of slog is all I can take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks