What's new

Rambo: First Blood Part II - Soundtrack (1 Viewer)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Something odd happened in my massive soundtrack collection. Rambo: First Blood Part II has been one of my favorite soundtracks since it first came out in the mid eighties. I had the cassette for my car, the CD for my house, and later transferred the CD to my iTunes. But it had been a while since I listened to it, so the other night I looked for it on my iTunes. It wasn't there. I'd recently built a new computer so I thought maybe when I imported my iTunes folder something went haywire. I looked in the source folder. The soundtrack wasn't there, either.

So then I went deep into my closet where all my CDs are stored in alphabetical order. There was first Blood and Rambo III, but no CD for First Blood Part II. I assumed because it was one of my favorites I must have taken it to another part of the house, perhaps the garage, a long time ago and left it there. That I loaned it to someone wasn't a possibility since I have a strict policy of never loaning CDs, movies or books. I give them away all the time, but never loan them because nothing good comes of that in the end.

Anyway, I can't find it. I asked my wife if she ever remembered me having it since were were married (a long time). She didn't. And she knows soundtracks when she hears them.

I'm chalking it up to either a black hole in my closet or in my head. All this is to say that I just dropped a chunk of change for the two-disc CD, and I am absolutely certain this is not the CD set I originally had because that soundtrack was only one disc. But the tracks appear the same. This is such a good soundtrack that I am sorry to see it isn't widely and more cheaply available.

I sure do miss Jerry Goldsmith. Sometimes a movie was worth seeing just for the new Goldsmith score that came with it.

61tcbl448lL.jpg

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
The Two-Disc from Intrada is quite new. But Intrada do just wonderful work. I prefer the score to First Blood, followed by Rambo III, but part two is still a terrific score.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
The Two-Disc from Intrada is quite new. But Intrada do just wonderful work. I prefer the score to First Blood, followed by Rambo III, but part two is still a terrific score.
I like Goldsmith's texture changes in part two the best. I was in film school at the time this was released and this movie and score helped me see how music worked effectively to punctuate shots within scenes by changing its texture with the shots. So I guess it kinda stuck with me.

This disc really sounds great on my Bose. I never heard it sound this good, and I have listened to this score a lot.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
The original CD release was a 15 track single disc. Most likely what you had the first time around.
mbid-fec88ee5-4bf1-43e8-a2e4-ffa34f134648-3686548104.jpg

Attachments

• 2081435799.jpg
    2081435799.jpg
    546.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 6394633176.jpg
    6394633176.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
I'm chalking it up to either a black hole in my closet or in my head. All this is to say that I just dropped a chunk of change for the two-disc CD, and I am absolutely certain this is not the CD set I originally had because that soundtrack was only one disc. But the tracks appear the same.
I have the 1999 single disc.
mbid-543494d1-79f6-412c-b666-bf63bca3b2e9-3686491845_thumb500.jpg

I'm have a really hard time getting my post up today. All of my images aren't going where I want them to.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks