What's new

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504-1.jpeg

Twilight Time has given us an exclusive early look at these July Announcements. Enjoy!
If you see these titles posted elsewhere within 8 HOURS without credit being given to HTF, rest assured it came from us first!

Note: Moving forward we are going to announce our schedule ONE month at a time instead of two.

SafariScreenSnapz001.png

THE CHILDREN OF HUANG SHI (2008) BLU-RAY - July 17th

GENGHIS KHAN (1965) BLU-RAY - July 17th

CINDERELLA LIBERTY (1973) BLU-RAY - July 17th

THE REVOLT OF MAMIE STOVER (1956) BLU-RAY - July 17th

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Hmmm. I'm going to have to study up on these as they are all unfamiliar to me.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I saw Genghis Khan at the cinema aged 14 (about the right age to see it) & thought it was great. I suppose you could say it's a typical dopey period film of its time, but it has a fantastic score & cast (two great names not on the poster, Michael Hordon & Woody Strode) & there's a real brio about it, I'm very tempted. After years of seeing awful pan & scan & cut about old prints on TV, I was delighted to see a stunning HD transfer on the BBC a couple of years ago (they also showed The Long Ships in HD, but that looked less than stella, a lot less). Stephen Boyd is great as the villain, as he was in Ben-Hur, but he was such a bore as the hero in Fall Of The Roman Empire. So far it's a very good year for sixties movies on Blu-ray...keep it up .:)

Last edited:

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Hooraaaaay! :dancing-banana-04:
Cinderella liberty (and I hope it has the isolated John Williams score).

Thank you so much TT!

Genghis Khan also sounds interesting since I love this genre and I think it's ideal for bluray presentation.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
I was about the same age as Alan when I saw Genghis Khan and loved every minute of it. I have revisited it many times over the years and have always had fun with it. The music score is outstanding. I never imagined seeing this on Blu- thank you TT.
I am unfamiliar with Huang Shi but may give it a try.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Dear @Twilight Time please make sure that the Cinderella Liberty bluray uses the original opening marching band and not the revised one from the 2006 DVD.

The original one is the Anchors Aweigh march while the 2006 DVD used - due to copyrights probably - Stars and Stripes forever. (the Anchors Aweigh one also seems much more in sync with the picture)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Nothing for me either. As much as I appreciate what TT and the other labels are releasing, the July slate from TT is a save the money month for me :) i hope we get a batch of Noirs from them one of these upcoming months, especially from the Sony Columbia library ..Id be all over Between Midnight and Dawn, The Mob, My Name is Julie Ross..
Plus there's a few from Fox Im hoping for such as Nightmare Alley, Fallen Angel, etc Im trying to avoid importing

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Cant wait to revisit Cinderella Liberty. And finally Revolt of M S!

Recently rewatched the Sony DVD-R of Cann and Mason in Chapter Two. Highly underrated film. Really love that one also.

Neil Simon on BLU Esp Sony Rastar output is largely absent sadly.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Never saw "Cinderella Liberty", as I was too young to get into the theater when it came out.
I'm a big fan of director Mark Rydell, as well.
I've always liked his selection of material and the performances he elicits from his actors.
As it it, Marsha Mason received a Best Actress nomination.
And then there's DP Vilmos Zsigmond.
That, alone, is always worth the price of admission; especially since I just learned that its a 4K transfer.
I'm all in.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks