What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon

Weekly RoundUp 4-24-2018
WRU-Banner-2018a-1024x661.jpg

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features

full

– Hostiles – 2017

full

– Paddington 2 – 2017

full

– Ruby Gentry – 1952

full

– Grease – 1978

full

– Down Three Dark Streets – 1954

full

– Den of Thieves – 2018

full

– Maze Runner: Death Cure – 2018

Weekly RoundUp 4-24-2018

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Another week of high profile New (and catalog) releases.

It seems like everyone should be able to find something in this week's list that they might like! :D But I'm sure there'll be some readers taking the week off.

Third week in a row with no Best Buy flyer.

I found a discussion on BestBuy.com's support blog in which a BB rep stated the following to someone who inquired about the lack of printed BB ads:

How I was explained this occurrence when I worked in the store is that Best Buy is constantly looking for ways to eliminate waste. It’s disappointing to hear you were not able to get the ad in the way you were hoping, but please know we are not doing this to make shopping harder with us, but more to see how we can reduce our footprint on this planet!

There will be a handful of dates in the upcoming year where our digital ad will be the only one available. These deals can be seen on any smart phone, or computing device. We are sorry if this is off putting to you, and please know we still value all of our customers, but sometimes we have to explore other possibilities to help protect the environment around us.

If they think digital only is a smart strategy, I wish them well. I hope that someone there realizes how stupid the "we're saving the planet" argument is. If it's a marketing strategy to increase sales and reduce advertising costs, THAT I could accept/believe.

Safe shopping everybody! :D

24fpsNinja

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
Target says Exclusive Steelbook for Grease Collection but that is what I pre-ordered on Amazon.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Target says Exclusive Steelbook for Grease Collection but that is what I pre-ordered on Amazon.

That's interesting, Rob.

I hadn't even realized it but I had pre-ordered the steelbook collection on Amazon, too (back when it was $26.17). I don't care really one way or another about steelbooks.

Not sure why Target is advertising it to be an EXCLUSIVE when the same exact thing is for sale on Amazon.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks as always, Mike.

I don't think I'll be able to get to a brick and mortar on Tuesday, so I'm probably going to pick up Grease 4K on Amazon.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks for the round up as always, Mike. I plan on picking up the UHD version of Grease once the price drops. The Arrow release of Killer Klowns is somewhat intriguing, but I think my current BD version will suffice.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike!

Paddington 2 is one of the best movies ever made.

Also, I'm sure I'll end up with the new Blu-ray of Grease sooner or later.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike. There are several high profile releases I'm interested in this week including Ruby Gentry and the 4K Grease.

I had one other review up already for a release this week: The Maze 3D. That review can be found here.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
"but please know we are not doing this to make shopping harder with us, but more to see how we can reduce our footprint on this planet!"

Best Buy has definitely reduced my footprints in their stores, and their footprint of stuff I've brought home.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I had Grease preordered until this morning. The price is too high for me right now, especially with a flood of other titles coming in Q2. Later in the year when the price drops I’m sure I’ll bite.

Thank you Mike!

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A ClassicFlix week for me:
  • Down Three Dark Streets
  • Five Steps to Danger

J. Carr

Auditioning
Real Name
John Carr
Nothing for me this week. More and more, I find myself streaming shows that I'd much rather buy, but for whatever reason Amazon does not put out shows like Bosh, Man in the High Castle and others on Blu-ray. I don't understand why they don't do physical releases?

It sucks for collectors like myself. Plus, I don't have my Big Screen downstairs set-up for streaming so I'm forced to watch the shows on my computer screen.... Sigh.

Mike, thanks for all your good work!

John

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
FYI Cartwheel has 15% off Grease Collection BD and the DVD, BD and UHD versions. UHD is apparently 19.99 per the app and the coupon expires on the 28th. Please check your location before heading out on Tuesday...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
bullmoose.com

Hostiles $14.97 DVD / $19.97 Blu-Ray / $23.97 4K
Paddington 2 $15.97 DVD / $22.97 Blu-Ray
Maze Runner: Death Cure $14.97 DVD / $19.97 Blu-Ray / $23.97 4K
The Maze 3D $21.97 Blu
Grease 40th Anniv $9.97 DVD / $11.97 Blu / $23.97 4K
Grease Collection $25.97 Blu

Last edited: