What's new

Kino/Zeitgeist BOMBSHELL (1 Viewer)

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Just a quick note for anyone who might be interested regarding this week's blu-ray release of BOMBSHELL: THE HEDY LAMARR STORY. I'm a big fan of old Hollywood and love documentaries on the subject. This one is really well done and fascinating. It surprised me in many ways. I knew about the inventions and some general details, but was not aware of the tragedies. Lots of family participation, too. If you have 80-odd minutes to spare and have an interest, this one would be well worth the time.

bluirv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Irv Haas
This is a must see for anyone interested in Hedy Lamarr or the treatment of women in general.

Lamarr was recognized for her physical beauty and not much else. The film deals with how Lamarr was very intelligent and made several inventions. She was never recognized for her brains at all.

This is a realistic portrait of a woman slighted by much of Hollywood.

Real Name
John
Yes, indeed. This is an excellent film. Hedy Lamarr was the co-inventor [with composer George Antheil] of frequency hopping, a device which was developed over time to include CDMA Spread Spectrum, making telecommunications feasible by mobile telephony, wi-fi, etc. Tip your hat to this underrated genius the next time you use your mobile phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks