What's new

Digital audio output help !!! (1 Viewer)

Christopher1963

Auditioning
Real Name
Christopher
Hers what I have - Samsung BD-F5700. I want to output the audio signal to an external speaker, sorta, with the video signal staying in the hdmi cable.

By sorta, here’s what else I have. I have a cooler radio, a kenwood car stereo head unit contained in a cooler with a 12v battery and four speakers. The head unit has an aux input. I can run a laptop, with an hdmi cord running to a video projector, and the headphone output running to the aux input on the head unit, but can’t figure out how to do away with the laptop and utilize the blu Ray player for both a separate video and audio signal. I’ve tried every combination of audio out via the blu Ray player menu but nothing seems to work. Is what I’m looking to do even possible ?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If I'm understanding you right, what you need is a DAC like THIS ONE. There are a bunch of options, but I selected that particular one because it's cheap and accepts a surround sound digital input, and will output 2 channel for your car head unit. I'm guessing the Kenwood aux input is a 3.5mm headphone plug, so you'll also need an RCA to 3.5mm cable to connect the DAC to it.

You run the hdmi to your projector, then run a single RCA cable from the coaxial digital output on your Blu Ray player to the DAC, and the cable I mentioned from the DAC to your Kenwood. Should do the trick.

EDIT: I just noticed that DAC has a headphone output, so you would connect it to the Kenwood with the same cable you're using now from the laptop.

Christopher1963

Auditioning
Real Name
Christopher
Thanks, John. Yes, the aux input on the Kenwood head unit is 3.5mm. Have already ordered the DAC unit, should be here by Friday....just in time for movie night in the backyard with my daughter and a dozen fourteen year old girls. The cooler radio, with its dual Boss 7.5” and 5.25” speakers is needed if you want to hear the movie(s) over their chatter. :) I appreciate your assistance with this. Much thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks