What's new

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame: In Concert-Blu-ray review (1 Viewer)

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Hello all,

I just wrote another web review/article, this time of Time Life's Rock & Roll Hall of Fame: In Concert Blu-ray. Here's the link:

https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Rock-Roll-Hall-of-Fame-In-Concert-Blu-ray-review .

The two Blu-ray discs feature the ceremonies from 2014-2017. The induction speeches and musical sets from Daryl Hall and John Oates as well as Kiss are missing from the set.

Marshall

It's missing more than that - no Steve Miller, for one...

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Very nice review. One thing I'd add: The E Street Band also performed The River that night. I was at the Barclay Center for their induction, and they did three songs. It's too bad The River and Kitty's Back weren't included.

I also wonder about the sound mix. The vocals seem much more upfront than they were in concert. For example, Joan Jett performing with Nirvana had a much louder sound in person, with the band mixed equally with the vocals.

Nevertheless, I have long been a fan of the HoF releasing these kinds of sets. There are a few missing years out there. I wonder if we'll see those released?

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish
Very nice review. One thing I'd add: The E Street Band also performed The River that night. I was at the Barclay Center for their induction, and they did three songs. It's too bad The River and Kitty's Back weren't included.

I also wonder about the sound mix. The vocals seem much more upfront than they were in concert. For example, Joan Jett performing with Nirvana had a much louder sound in person, with the band mixed equally with the vocals.

Nevertheless, I have long been a fan of the HoF releasing these kinds of sets. There are a few missing years out there. I wonder if we'll see those released?
Sam,

Thanks for the kind words. Thanks for the info about The RIver being played that night, too.

Marshall

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish
It's missing more than that - no Steve Miller, for one...
Colin,

Thanks for the comment. I mention Steve Miller in the web review/article, as well as other inductions and music sets missing from the Blu-ray.

Marshall

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks