What's new

Spirited Away DVD not working?? (1 Viewer)

talmania

Auditioning
Real Name
Clare
I bought a copy of Spirited Away from my local Target store a few months ago. Earlier today, I finally got the time to watch it. To my frustration, the DVD wouldn't work. I tried switching between the Blu ray and the normal DVD, but my DVD player just didn't want to play it. I tried other movies to see if the player was broken, but they all worked fine. I have a Sony DVD player and I just need to know what the problem is? I really like Spirited Away and I'm extremely disappointed that is isn't working. Anyone have any tips?

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
I bought a copy of Spirited Away from my local Target store a few months ago. Earlier today, I finally got the time to watch it. To my frustration, the DVD wouldn't work. I tried switching between the Blu ray and the normal DVD, but my DVD player just didn't want to play it. I tried other movies to see if the player was broken, but they all worked fine. I have a Sony DVD player and I just need to know what the problem is? I really like Spirited Away and I'm extremely disappointed that is isn't working. Anyone have any tips?

The DVD from my combo pack loads, and starts to play, on my Mac. Since your DVD does not play in a standalone DVD player, the most likely explanation is that you got a defective DVD. (The failure of your Blu-Ray disc to play in your DVD player is expected. It takes a Blu-Ray drive to play a Blu-Ray disc.)

It may be difficult or impossible to return the defective disc after a period of "a few months." Fortunately, both Blu-Ray players and new copies of Spirited Away are cheap. I think you can get Blu-Ray players for $40, and combo packs of Studio Ghibli films for $12 (on sale at Best Buy).

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I have several that look brand new but act like shiny new coasters. Last time it was the last dvd of Michael Palin's Full circles. stopped at about 30 mins in the very last episode, that ain't niiice!! It wouldn't play too much or at all in any other player include pc. I bought a whole new copy just for 1 disc. 15 minutes. hee hee! but there's over an hour of stuff they didn't put in the show and it was worth the extra money for that alone. How could I not have a working copy of this? !! crraaaazy..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks