What's new

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (2019)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Title: The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (2019)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Animation, Comedy, Family

Director: Mike Mitchell, Trisha Gum

Cast: Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett, Tiffany Haddish, Stephanie Beatriz, Alison Brie, Nick Offerman, Charlie Day, Maya Rudolph, Will Ferrell, Jadon Sand, Brooklynn Prince, Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill, Richard Ayoade, Ben Schwartz, Noel Fielding, Jason Momoa, Cobie Smulders, Ike Barinholtz, Ralph Fiennes, Will Forte, Jimmy O. Yang, Jorma Taccone, Bruce Willis, Gary Payton, Sheryl Swoopes, Todd Hansen, Doug Nicholas, Liam Knight, Emmett Mitchell, Sawyer Jones, Graham Miller, Cora Miller, Ollie Mitchell, Mike Mitchell, Christopher Miller, Margot Rubin, Emily Nordwind, Chris McKay, Trisha Gum, Ryan Halprin, Lauren White

Release: 2019-02-07

Plot: It's been five years since everything was awesome and the citizens are facing a huge new threat: LEGO DUPLO® invaders from outer space, wrecking everything faster than they can rebuild.

Lego 2.png

This is the actual proper sequel to The Lego Movie (not counting the spinoffs Lego Batman and Lego Ninjano from last year.) The title was announced today, so I thought I'd go ahead and start a thread for it. If I were them, I'd probably shorten it to "Lego 2: The Second Part," since the whole thing is kind of unnecessarily wordy, but the subtitle is hilarious.

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are more animated sequels than usual next year? This in February, plus How to Train Your Dragon 3 in March, The Secret Life of Pets 2 and Toy Story 4 in June and Frozen 2 in November. It's not odd that all of these studios would be in sequel mode on these titles, but it is a bit weird that they're all in sequel mode at the same time, without some originals next year as well from the major animation studios.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Glad Batman is returning!!!

Was there any expectation that he wouldn't? I fully expect to see the major characters from the first one again, and he certainly was one. Since he even got his own movie out of the deal, I don't think they would exclude him from the followup.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Was there any expectation that he wouldn't? I fully expect to see the major characters from the first one again, and he certainly was one. Since he even got his own movie out of the deal, I don't think they would exclude him from the followup.

Batman Returns!!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
"They Come In Pieces"

That tagline reminds me - wasn't there a Stallone or Schwarzenegger movie in the 80s that had the tag "I Come In Peace. You Go In Pieces" ?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I’ll be taking my three sons to this one.

We can’t wait!!!

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
"They Come In Pieces"

That tagline reminds me - wasn't there a Stallone or Schwarzenegger movie in the 80s that had the tag "I Come In Peace. You Go In Pieces" ?
That film started Dolph Lundgren, I believe.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Advance tickets are on sale now for the opening weekend.

But *also*, if you really can't wait, there are going to be sneak previews on Saturday this week at some theaters. There is one here, but it's at a slightly farther away theater with a setup which I don't like as much as my normal place. So I will probably just wait until the wide release. Although if my normal theater were participating in the sneak, I would go Saturday.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

But *also*, if you really can't wait, there are going to be sneak previews on Saturday this week at some theaters. There is one here, but it's at a slightly farther away theater with a setup which I don't like as much as my normal place. So I will probably just wait until the wide release. Although if my normal theater were participating in the sneak, I would go Saturday.

Taking my 3 boys on Friday February 15th!
I have the day off!
We are all excited to go!

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

As luck would have it my preferred recliner theatre is showing the movie at three separate matinees (2:00, 2:01, and 2:02) this Saturday. We managed to snag tickets in our preferred seats.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
@Josh Dial -- what did you think?

Also, did anyone else make it out to the sneak screenings? I did not, as the only theater participating was way on the other side of town and not convenient. But am curious as to what anyone who did thought (in a general spoiler-free way, of course.)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
@Josh Dial -- what did you think?

I liked it a lot. While I think the first movie is the better movie, the sequel still manages to bottle the lightning a second time. The voice acting continues to be great, and I think the animation is even better this time around (Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi's animation is incredible). The end credits and the end credit song are great.

I'll post a few more spoilery thoughts after the movie has wide release.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks