What's new

Blondie (1957) - Classicflix Kickstarter See Post #7 (1 Viewer)

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
They are going the crowd funding route, to do new scans of the 35mm elements, for Blu-Ray. How will they get the word out?

The show itself is fun and stars, movie series Dagwood, Arthur Lake with Pamela Britton as Blondie, in 26 episodes. There was an early pilot with Britton and Hal LeRoy, as Dagwood. Britton was Mrs. Brown, in MY FAVORITE MARTIAN.

23, as is, episodes and the LeRoy/Britton pilot may still be up at YouTube along with Lake's family comedy pilot called MEET THE FAMILY.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
I like Arthur Lake and love Pamela Britton, I don't think I knew there was a 50's version of Blondie. This just brought to mind vague recollections of a 60's series of Blondie that I watched.

I just looked it up. It was 1968. It only lasted 14 episodes and starred Will Hutchins and Jim Backus. I don't recall the actress who played Blondie, Patricia Harty.

A tv sitcom of Blondie seems like such a no-brainer. I wonder why none ever succeeded.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Prospectively, this is great news! ClassicFlix does great work, I have their recent Blu releases of Five Steps to Danger, Down 3 Dark Streets and Man Who Watched Trains, all beautifully restored with the latter film's vibrant technicolor and Parisien locales looking gorgeous.

I hope the crowdfunding campaign is successful, Blondie is a good series. I will contribute to this, and I hope ClassicFlix is encouraged to bring us more vintage TV, especially B+W.

Sorry to go off on a tangent already, but wouldn't ClassicFlix seem to be the ideal label to bring the last half of I'm Dickens, He's Fenster to dvd?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I just looked it up. It was 1968. It only lasted 14 episodes and starred Will Hutchins and Jim Backus. I don't recall the actress who played Blondie, Patricia Harty.

She was also in two other flop sitcoms, "Occasional Wife" and under the name Trisha Hart, was Bob Crane's wife in the short-lived "Bob Crane Show."

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
I like Arthur Lake and love Pamela Britton, I don't think I knew there was a 50's version of Blondie. This just brought to mind vague recollections of a 60's series of Blondie that I watched.

A tv sitcom of Blondie seems like such a no-brainer. I wonder why none ever succeeded.

Supposedly the 1968 episodes are "Lost". Bruce Lee makes an appearance in the last episodes, too. His only American TV appearance that hasn't turned up.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I decided to take the plunge and did the $30 contribution.

I don't know that I've ever done anything on Kickstarter before.

But a dumb question. How will Classicflix know where to send my copy of Blondie? I didn't have to submit an address in the process.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I'll be buying this if released. I do already have a mediocre quality set of about 20 episodes , but I'd be interested in better quality prints . I liked the show when it ran back in the late 1950s . I wonder why the feature films haven't appeared on DVD and Blu-ray?

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
I'll be buying this if released. I do already have a mediocre quality set of about 20 episodes , but I'd be interested in better quality prints . I liked the show when it ran back in the late 1950s . I wonder why the feature films haven't appeared on DVD and Blu-ray?
The first ten feature films did have an official and licensed DVD release from Platinum about fifteen or so years ago. It was about as low-budget as you can get with five films per disc (sourced from television reissue prints as well). It's been a good decade or so since I've looked at the set (the last time I did I was still using a cathode-ray tube TV). I can just imagine how those discs look on a modern set.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I decided to take the plunge and did the $30 contribution.

I don't know that I've ever done anything on Kickstarter before.

But a dumb question. How will Classicflix know where to send my copy of Blondie? I didn't have to submit an address in the process.

I pledged $40 so I could get the autographed edition. I fully support this endeavor and hope lots more B&W shows come to dvd because of projects like this.

Mike, I think if the project gets funded, they contact you by e-mail and you submit your shipping address. I've only ever funded one other thing on Kickstarter and I think that's how it worked.

Are we allowed to post the link to the campaign?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike, I think if the project gets funded, they contact you by e-mail and you submit your shipping address. I've only ever funded one other thing on Kickstarter and I think that's how it worked.

Ethan: Many thanks! It makes sense now that you explain it.

Are we allowed to post the link to the campaign?

ClassicFlix already posted the link earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks