What's new

The Beverly Hillbillies: season 5 when?? (1 Viewer)

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
CBS won't release any further seasons of PJ without music replacement. Those last four seasons have a lot of music to clear.

tlc38tlc38

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Trent
Being owned by CBS is a curse when it comes to DVD releases.

So many TV DVD releases from CBS have suffered from music cuts.

If only they'd just give the rights to another company for these shows.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Being owned by CBS is a curse when it comes to DVD releases.

So many TV DVD releases from CBS have suffered from music cuts.

If only they'd just give the rights to another company for these shows.

That turns out even worse.

Why do I say that? Three letters:

VEI

At least when CBS releases the shows themselves, they take great care to give you good looking, if musically edited, shows. But VEI's CBS releases? Horrible, crapping looking syndication prints that have not only music missing, but are syndication edits. And half the discs are faulty on top of that.

Better they don't get released at all than get crapped out by a third rate company with no quality control like VEI.

tlc38tlc38

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Trent
I've not had any problems with VEI and I own several of their sets.

Kate & Allie
Gimme a Break!
Cagney & Lacey
Grace Under Fire
Sister, Sister
Cannon

...all good sets, in my opinion.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
That turns out even worse.

Why do I say that? Three letters:

VEI

At least when CBS releases the shows themselves, they take great care to give you good looking, if musically edited, shows. But VEI's CBS releases? Horrible, crapping looking syndication prints that have not only music missing, but are syndication edits. And half the discs are faulty on top of that.

Better they don't get released at all than get crapped out by a third rate company with no quality control like VEI.
I have to disagree. Even though the Barnaby Jones set is very uneven in quality, I still enjoy it because I like the show so much. At least some of the episodes are complete.

Better this than nothing.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I have to disagree. Even though the Barnaby Jones set is very uneven in quality, I still enjoy it because I like the show so much. At least some of the episodes are complete.

Better this than nothing.
In the case of The Beverly Hillbillies, no. If I want butchered and chopped up sloppy edited episodes, they're available on YouTube all day long. If they farmed it out to VEI, they'd give them tape masters from 1985 which are edited. No way would I even give one penny for a set with butchered episodes. When I invest in Barnaby Jones it will be from a 3rd party seller so that VEI doesn't get the idea that we're content with settling for whatever crumbs they give us by giving them a sale.

Likecats

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
Oh goodie! Another season of the Hillbillies! My favorite episodes are The Party Line, The Gorilla, Come Back Little Herbie, The Christmas episode, and many others.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
In the case of The Beverly Hillbillies, no. If I want butchered and chopped up sloppy edited episodes, they're available on YouTube all day long. If they farmed it out to VEI, they'd give them tape masters from 1985 which are edited. No way would I even give one penny for a set with butchered episodes. When I invest in Barnaby Jones it will be from a 3rd party seller so that VEI doesn't get the idea that we're content with settling for whatever crumbs they give us by giving them a sale.

Ron, you got your wish my friend...season 5 comes out on 10/2/2018...

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official 5th Season (CBS/Paramount)
$29.98 SRP DVD
http://www.amazon.com/…/o…/ASIN/B07FDVCM94/tvshowsondvd0d-20
-----UPSCALE NEIGHBORHOOD. DOWN HOME LIVING. The complete and OFFICIAL fifth season of The Beverly Hillbillies on DVD for the first time ever, with digitally remastered picture and sound, and looking better than ever before! Join in the fun with the Clampett family as they rub elbows with the rich and famous in Beverly Hills -Jed (Buddy Ebsen) fights to defend his fortune from con artists, Granny (Irene Ryan) clashes with her neighbors and the city government while trying to find Elly May (Donna Douglas) a blue-blooded suitor, and Jethro (Max Baer, Jr.) seeks to put his sixth grade education to work in the uproarious fifth season of The Beverly Hillbillies. Guest stars include John Wayne (True Grit), Gloria Swanson, (Sunset Boulevard), Robert Strauss (Stalag17), and Ted Cassidy ("The Addams Family"). Y'allcome back now, ya hear?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks