What's new

TCL 6 series vs. P series quality control (1 Viewer)

mb1685

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
I'm in the market for a budget-conscious 55" TV. The TCL P series seems to be pretty universally praised for the price. It also seems like the new TCL 6 series is even better than the discontinued P series in some regards on paper, but I seem to be finding a concerning amount of claims of issues like DSE, dead pixels, uniformity problems, etc. Maybe I’m imagining things but it doesn’t seem like I’ve seen nearly as many issues of reports with the P series. Has the QC slipped in recent times? I’m debating whether to go with a used/refurbished P series or a likely new 6 series. Obviously I could theoretically deal with returns/exchanges with a new 6, but it would be great to save some money if I don’t need to worry as much about issues with the P.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Unfortunately I haven't seen enough data to comment one way or another. If you buy from a reputable local B&M store, getting it exchanged shouldn't be a problem.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I'm in the market for a budget-conscious 55" TV. The TCL P series seems to be pretty universally praised for the price. It also seems like the new TCL 6 series is even better than the discontinued P series in some regards on paper, but I seem to be finding a concerning amount of claims of issues like DSE, dead pixels, uniformity problems, etc. Maybe I’m imagining things but it doesn’t seem like I’ve seen nearly as many issues of reports with the P series. Has the QC slipped in recent times? I’m debating whether to go with a used/refurbished P series or a likely new 6 series. Obviously I could theoretically deal with returns/exchanges with a new 6, but it would be great to save some money if I don’t need to worry as much about issues with the P.

I’m looking at TCL and heard the same issues. Did you end up going this way?

Users who are viewing this thread