Tag (2018)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Title: Tag

Tagline: Based on a true story. We’re not kidding.

Genre: Comedy

Director: Jeff Tomsic

Cast: Ed Helms, Jeremy Renner, Jon Hamm, Jake Johnson, Hannibal Buress, Annabelle Wallis, Isla Fisher, Rashida Jones, Leslie Bibb, Brian Dennehy, Nora Dunn, Steve Berg, Jock McKissic, J.P. Valenti, Linda Wiegand, Sebastian Maniscalco, Melissa LeEllen, Braxton Bjerken, Elijah Marcano, Laura Distin, Tyler Crumley, Brayden Benson, Leslie Sides, Indiana Sifuentes, Braxton Alexander, Jaren Lewison, Tatum Price, Al Mitchell, Kevin Tyler Moody, Th'Yana Star, William Liles, Legend Williams, Kella Raines, Jordan Barreto, Lucie Carroll, William Walker, Thomas Middleditch, Carrie Brownstein

Release: 2018-06-14

Runtime: 100

Plot: For one month every year, five highly competitive friends hit the ground running in a no-holds-barred game of tag they’ve been playing since the first grade. This year, the game coincides with the wedding of their only undefeated player, which should finally make him an easy target. But he knows they’re coming...and he’s ready.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I did, actually. I hadn’t planned on seeing it - the trailers did absolutely nothing for me. But last Thursday I just really felt like going to the movies after work instead of heading straight home, and the timing worked better for seeing Tag over any of my other choices. I’m glad I went.

I think it was actually a better film than the trailers would suggest. At times it’s silly and over the top, but it actually handles tonal shifts very well. The story is fun and unexpectedly poignant, the performances are solid, and the rivalry between the friends is believable. Jeremy Renner is in the movie less than you might expect, but he steals every scene he’s in.

Comedy is so subjective that I wouldn’t recommend a blind buy on this, but it’s absolutely worth a visit to the theaters if you have a MoviePass membership. Heck, it’s probacly worth full price as long as full price in your neighborhood is less than $16.50 a ticket.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I MP'd "Tag" after work. I laughed more than I should, but it was entertaining on a nostalgia level (yearning for those days of being a kid with little responsibility). Good cast chemistry.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I finally got around to seeing this film today. I was like Patrick, I laughed out loud more than I expected to as I thought Renner and Fisher were very good. Every time Fisher curses I cracked up as it's just funny to me hearing her use obscene language.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just saw this. It was much worse than what I was expecting. A little potential and story shows itself but it's too little.

Is this the movie where Jeremy Renner breaks his hand on the first day of filming and they CGI his 2 hands for the entire movie? I heard this on a talk show. Maybe it was Conan.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I thought it was his arms, but yeah, he apparently broke them doing a stunt and there's a scene where they had to CGI them. I guess for other non-stunt sequences he was able to wear normal clothing to disguise the bandages.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks