What's new

Village of the Damned (1960)- coming from WAC (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED (1960)
NEW 2018 1080p HD MASTER
Run Time 77:00
Subtitles English
DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 MONO – English
ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO – 1.78:1, 16 X 9 WIDESCREEN
B&W
BD 50
Special Features: Commentary by Chronicles of Terror – Silent Screams Author Steve Haberman; HD Trailer
From its seemingly placid opening, Village of the Damned keeps piling one eerie and disquieting detail upon another, creating the rarest of achievements – an utterly believable masterpiece of horror!
Starring the ever-imperturbable George Sanders (who does not remain that way for long), this classic, havoc-filled take of mind reading and hypnotism will have you complete hypnotized…and shaken to the core! The “monsters” of this film are a band of innocent-faced, platinum-blond children, all of whom are born in a small, peaceful village on the same day. Their rapid physical development is matched by their fast-growing mental powers, and with calm, bloodcurdling efficiency, they are soon...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1529531359462.jpg
    FB_IMG_1529531359462.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 218
Last edited by a moderator:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Absolutely! Even though the DVD is pretty decent, I'm really looking forward to seeing this seminal film in HD. Thanks again WAC!!!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I do think they could have included The Children Of The Damned as well, just like the DVD set.

Would have been cool (and logical...both films are very short), but I don't know as I could handle so many great announcements in one month! :banana:

Only caveat...wasn't DARK OF THE SUN announced and, if so, is that still coming?

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I do think they could have included The Children Of The Damned as well, just like the DVD set.

WB probably forgot that there is a sequel to this film most likely. When it comes to how they release titles, I have a feeling they're just drawing names at random from a hat.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Would have been cool (and logical...both films are very short), but I don't know as I could handle so many great announcements in one month! :banana:

Only caveat...wasn't DARK OF THE SUN announced and, if so, is that still coming?
I asked about Dark of the Sun....they said its still coming but no firm release date yet. Hoping for July since they've only announced 3 titles today

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
When this film was released in 1960, it played on a double bill with the tedious, LET'S MAKE LOVE. I became obsessed with it, and paid to see it,16 times. I'm still obsessed with it. I couldn't be more thrilled with this news.

so you are saying that when my twilight title and this arrive at the house , i can relive the magic........

SteveJKo

Second Unit

This will be a day one purchase for me, I love this film. But like you, I wish they would have included the sequel. I guess I'll be hanging onto the DVD.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
The DVD was good quality but in the end was a downer as the children's eyes didn't give out their evil golden glow at seminal moments. I would hope that special effect makes it through to the Blu ray!

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
The DVD was good quality but in the end was a downer as the children's eyes didn't give out their evil golden glow at seminal moments. I would hope that special effect makes it through to the Blu ray!

I'm sorry - what??? The film on the DVD is what it always was and the glow is there every time it should be.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Good to see Mr. Haberman is providing a commentary, which I believe is debuting on this Blu-ray. Nice that WAC is adding special content for these classic releases. Thanks again, Mr. Feltenstein and Co.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I asked about Dark of the Sun....they said its still coming but no firm release date yet. Hoping for July since they've only announced 3 titles today

We need to keep in mind that we have been somewhat spoiled by the months when WAC did release four Blu's on a given month. For a long while, when they first started up the program, it was uncertain if we would get even one each month. Lately it's been erratic, and I have also wondered what was up. But they'll give us what they give us, and I doubt our expectations that every month will bring four new titles, as nice as that would be, might well be presumptuous.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yup, it's not so much numbers, it's films that you want, & this month it's two out of three for me which is pretty good going. But didn't Warner post on their Facebook page that this could be the busiest year for releases yet, so I'm thinking lots of releases in the second half of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks