What's new

Todd/Pitts DVD collection out in October (1 Viewer)

rdf8585

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
rdf8585
Kit Parker Films is releasing a DVD collection of Hal Roach shorts starring Thelma Todd and Zasu Pitts.

It's expected to be out on Oct. 9, 2018. You can pre-order on Amazon.

This set is not to be confused with the forthcoming Thelma Todd/Patsy Kelly set from ClassicFlix.

The shorts:

1931: Let's Do Things, Catch-As Catch-Can, The Pajama Party, War Mamas, On The Loose

1932: Sealskins, Red Noses, Strictly Unreliable, The Old Bull, Show Business, Alum and Eve, The Soilers, Sneak Easily

1933: Asleep In the Feet, Maids a La Mode, The Bargain of the Century, One Track Minds

Bonus features include:

Stills and poster gallery, Restored from the original negatives, Commentaries by Richard M. Roberts, Randy Skretvedt, Brent Walker and Robert Farr

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
With all of these long overdue wonderful Hal Roach series releases finally happening, I clearly picked the wrong Year (Though necessary!) for my video purchasing moratorium! :(

My Christmas wish list has just expanded yet again! :D

CHEERS! :)

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
It was a wonderful day when Hallmark lost control of the Roach library! To this day, I refuse to purchase Hallmark products because of the company's shameful treatment of the Hal Roach films. To say the least, this is a definite purchase for me.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Clearly they were motivated to release these due to the Todd/Kelly shorts coming out.

The Roach library video rights are scattered between how many companies now? Three?

Wonder who has the rights other shorts series such as "The Boyfriends" and "The Taxi Boys". And for that matter, the streamliners/streamliners compilations.

Last edited:

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Got the Classic Flix Todd/Kelly set and enjoyed the hell out of it . If i can get this set for close to what i payed for that set i will be buying this . Love Thelma Todd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks