What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…

The Features
full

– The Five Mission Impossible Films – 1996-2015
full

– The Virgin Spring – 1960
full

– The Curse of the Cat People – 1944
full

– Last Man Standing: Seasons 5 & 6 – 2016 & 2017
full

– Colossus of Rhodes –...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey RoundUppers!

Another week of interesting titles. Hope you find something you like!

I'll be picking up seasons 5 & 6 of Last Man Standing...but not until they drop in price (or I finish the first four seasons...which I just recently picked up. I'm really enjoying them. But I have yet to finish season 1!)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Nothing for me this week. Already have Reacher and MI on blu to see before MI5 comes out, will grab the upgrades once prices settle down.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike! Nothing for me this week on the disc front, but I have an expensive poster coming in the mail, so that's more than enough for a while.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up seasons 5 & 6 of Last Man Standing...but not until they drop in price (or I finish the first four seasons...which I just recently picked up. I'm really enjoying them. But I have yet to finish season 1!)
Not to discourage you too much, because your mileage may vary...

...but I really enjoyed the first season of "Last Man Standing", too. However, after the first season, they retooled the show, recasting the oldest daughter and aging her, her son, and her baby daddy up by a few years -- basically turning the latter into a less intelligent version of Meathead from "All in the Family". At that point it became more of a straight sitcom, without the interesting and surprising touches that I appreciated in the first season.

Clay_E

Second Unit
Absolutely nothing for me this week--which is good, cos I'm watching the pennies...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks for the prices, Mike. Nothing for me this week. That's good, as I got in on the Kino Lorber sale, as well as a Deep Discount DVD sale for some Warner Archive titles. Between those two orders, I spent around a hundred bucks.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'll be adding The Virgin Spring and Curse of the Cat People eventually. Pretty light week for me, otherwise.

Thanks for the prices!

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike! :thumbsup:

I already received The Complete Thelma Todd and Patsy Kelly (Hal Roach) Comedy Collection from ClassicFlix.

I will be adding Peyton Place: Part Four and Curse of the Cat People eventually as well. Spent quite a bit on the Kino and Twilight Time sales and I now need to save up for the Barnes & Noble Criterion sale next month.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I had the MI movies on preorder, but cancelled them. They need to come way down for me for me to official bite.

A couple new things popped up on the Cartwheel app today. Daddy Home's 2 (all formats) 20% off, Saving Private Ryan (UHD only) 25%, there's more so check it out.

Target is also showing a price reduction on Black Panther UHD down to $23.99. Amazon has matched last I checked.

Thanks Mike...I may bite on something from the TT sale too...I'm hemming and hawing right now.

J. Carr

Auditioning
Real Name
John Carr
Thanks Mike, for your great work. This week I'm going to pick up Super-Fly, which I somehow missed the first time around.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
So yesterday was fun. I stopped into BB to price match Black Panther 4k with either Target or Amazon. I figure the price match to $23.99 + $15 in BB rewards got me to a price I was happy with.

Went to check out and the cashier found B/N had Black Panther for $18.67...so the original $29.99 price was knocked down to $18.67. Then the $15 in certs...so final price, with tax was $4.04. Completely worth the five minutes it took to find the new price match and get manager approval.

I was very happy. It reminds me of the "old" days at BB.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
...I'll be picking up seasons 5 & 6 of Last Man Standing...but not until they drop in price (or I finish the first four seasons...which I just recently picked up. I'm really enjoying them. But I have yet to finish season 1!)

Mike, since you just recently picked these up, I'm curious did you receive DVD-R or pressed discs from Amazon? When I purchased these roughly 3 years ago, I got pressed for seasons 1 & 2 and DVD-R for 3 & 4.

I have yet to tire of watching this show no matter how many times I've seen a particular episode.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey Jason!

I'm no expect in discerning if a disc is pressed or mod...but it sure as heck seems as if all four seasons of discs look the same (pressed) to me.

The labeling is identical. And here's proof:

full

Do the labels on your discs for seasons 3 & 4 look different than seasons 1 & 2?

And I just saw an ad on TV about LMS moving to Fox this fall!

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Hey Mike, thanks for the reply & pics of the LMS discs. Sorry it took a bit to get back to you with my reply, but am moving things around the house and had to rearrange some things to access where I have my TV on dvd stored. Anyway, looking at your pics, I'm guessing you did receive all pressed discs. My discs for seasons 3 & 4 do have 1 key difference on their label, which is a UPC label printed at the bottom. The cases they came in also do not have a flipper tray; instead disc 1 is on one side of the case with disc 2 & 3 on the other side overlapping each other.

One other key way to tell the difference is by looking at the UPC code on the back of the case. The DVD-R version will have "Manufactured by Amazon in Lexington, KY" printed directly over the UPC code. The pressed version just has a normal UPC code. Can't see that from your pics, of course, but based on the other differences, it does appear your's are all pressed, so congrats!

May have to give it another purchasing whirl as I would prefer to have all pressed, if possible. Did you get all 4 seasons direct from Amazon when you made your purchase, or did you get some from a 3rd party seller?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Edit because I noticed only after posting that this post was somehow in the Roundup thread for last week, rather than this week.

Moving on...

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
May have to give it another purchasing whirl as I would prefer to have all pressed, if possible. Did you get all 4 seasons direct from Amazon when you made your purchase, or did you get some from a 3rd party seller?

Jason: All four seasons came from a 3rd party vendor (but filled by Amazon) in one fell swoop. They are selling a bundle of all four seasons for $45. That's what I bought.

Personally, I'd figure you're probably all right with the DVD-Rs (maybe only replace them if they give you a problem?)...but I'm no expert.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks