What's new

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Mission: Impossible II is the low point for the cinematic adventures of Ethan Hunt and his varying IMF team, but it remains an entertaining film, if flimsy. Highlights include the central performances and several engaging action sequences supporting a less than compelling plot concept, with the whole affair caught up in too many slow motion shots trying to achieve drama, rather than accentuating drama. Still, director John Woo’s style is unmistakably on show here, and once you embrace that, M: I II becomes drastically more enjoyable.

Disc Information

Studio:
Distributed By:
Video Resolution:

Aspect Ratio:
Audio:

Subtitles:
Rating:

Run Time:
Package Includes:

Case Type:

Disc Type:
Region:

Release Date:
MSRP:...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
You can argue whats the best Mission: Impossible movie until the cows come home. You CANNOT argue that II ISN'T the worst one. Its just that bad.

EDIT: Last time I checked, Hong Kong was not in Japan.

Last edited:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Is this missing the "Mission Improbable" extra? If so, that's disappointing. If it were shown in better quality than what we got on the DVD, I'd be all in.

"In order to do my job, I have to ask myself 'who is Tom Cruise', 'what is Tom Cruise'...'why is Tom...Cruise', 'when is Tom...Cruise'."

demy

Grip
Real Name
Bill
Interesting how the consensus changes over time.

I loved M:I and didn't understand why for years folks considered it the worst in the series (maybe it was the Phelps thing). Nowadays it's widely considered one of the best.

I hated M:I-2 and didn't understand why it was so well-received. Now most agree it's the worst M:I film -- by far -- and Woo's tiresome gimmicks have dated badly. I rewatch all the movies in the series except that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks