What's new

My Ongoing Experience with Amazon Feedback (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The other day I tried to watch the BBC production of The Lost World. It started in the middle of the movie. Turns out it was a two parter and all Amazon had was part 2, thought Amazon did not indicate that.

I submitted feedback about this and about 24 hours later got a reply that it was being investigated. Then another email that the problem was with the content provider and they were being notified.

On the positive side, Amazon started to look into the problem quickly. On the ??? Side, who knows if it will ever get fixed once the vendor (Amazon) says it’s someone else’s problem..

Will update when I know more.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Could be that they are trying to say that it is a BBC problem?
They are saying that whoever provided the content, screwed up and didn’t provide all of the movie. It doesn’t say much for Amazon’s quality control that they didn’t catch the problem themselves.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
One thing that really bothers me about Amazon's Prime Video is how it is never, ever, their fault. I can't tell you how many times I've redeemed codes thru Movies Anywhere that tells me I'm supposed to get 4K digital versions, and only Amazon and iTunes have the movie at that time in 4K, but Amazon just gives me the HD version. I don't have an Apple TV, so the 4K version in iTunes means nothing to me. Amazon says it is a Movies Anywhere problem, yet Movies Anywhere says the problem really is on Amazon's side, since Amazon has separate ASIN numbers for HD and 4K versions of movies, and Amazon rarely, if ever, correlates the 4K MA codes with their 4K ASIN's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks