What's new

Marvel's Iron Fist (Netflix) Season 2 - September 7 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Season 1 Thread

The entire second season of "Marvel's Iron Fist" will go live on Netflix on September 7th.

The first season got the worst reaction of all the Marvel/Netflix collaborations.

Iron Fist Season 2 features Danny Rand (Finn Jones) as he fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.

Season 2 furthers the transformation of Danny, a character with a fish out of water coming of age story making his way in a harsh new world, battling to work out who he is. This season, Danny has promised that with Matt Murdock gone, he will step up and protect his city. But a sinister plot twist threatens his very identity and he must conquers his villains to protect the town and people he holds close to his heart.

In addition to Jones, Jessica Henwick is returning as Colleen Wing, Tom Pelphrey and Jessica Stroup are returning as the Meachum siblings, and Sacha Dhawan is returning as Davos aka the Steel Snake. Simone Missick reprises her "Luke Cage" role as Misty Knight, the NYPD detective with a bionic arm.

The major new casting announced today was that Alice Eve (Star Trek Into Darkness) will be playing Typhoid Mary, a major Daredevil villain in the comics, who is a highly skilled superhuman assassin with multiple personalities.

Raven Metzner takes over as showrunner from Scott Buck, whose association with Marvel ended after the disastrous response to "The Inhumans" series on ABC. However, Metzner's resume isn't stellar either, inclusive of the poorly received Elektra spinoff of the 20th Century Fox Daredevil franchise.

The show's first season received criticism for lackluster fight scenes. It was announced today that Clayton Barber, the fight coordinator for Creed and Black Panther, would be taking over that role for the second season of "Iron Fist".

David Dobkin (Shanghai Knights, "Into the Badlands") directed the season premiere.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The second season only has 10 episodes.
Episode 2.01 - “The Fury of the Iron Fist”
Episode 2.02 - “The City’s Not for Burning”
Episode 2.03 - “This Deadly Secret”
Episode 2.04 - “Target: Iron Fist”
Episode 2.05 - “Heart of the Dragon”
Episode 2.06 - “The Dragon Dies at Dawn”
Episode 2.07 - “Morning of the Mindstorm”
Episode 2.08 - “Citadel on the Edge of Vengeance”
Episode 2.09 - “War Without End”
Episode 2.10 - “A Duel of Iron” (Season Finale)

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
The second season only has 10 episodes.
Episode 2.01 - “The Fury of the Iron Fist”
Episode 2.02 - “The City’s Not for Burning”
Episode 2.03 - “This Deadly Secret”
Episode 2.04 - “Target: Iron Fist”
Episode 2.05 - “Heart of the Dragon”
Episode 2.06 - “The Dragon Dies at Dawn”
Episode 2.07 - “Morning of the Mindstorm”
Episode 2.08 - “Citadel on the Edge of Vengeance”
Episode 2.09 - “War Without End”
Episode 2.10 - “A Duel of Iron” (Season Finale)

Did Netflix announce any particular reason why there's only 10 episodes in S2? Or are they just expecting this season will be as bad as S1?

Frankly, I was surprised when Netflix announced Iron Fist would be getting a S2. Sure hope the change in showrunner improves the quality of the show in general.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Did Netflix announce any particular reason why there's only 10 episodes in S2? Or are they just expecting this season will be as bad as S1?

From everything I have seen, season 2 is expected to be much, much better than season 1. The fact that there are fewer episodes is something fans have been asking for, since most people feel that the Netflix shows have been too long (too many episodes per season, too many minutes per episode). I take the fewer episode count as a positive thing.

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt

From everything I have seen, season 2 is expected to be much, much better than season 1. The fact that there are fewer episodes is something fans have been asking for, since most people feel that the Netflix shows have been too long (too many episodes per season, too many minutes per episode). I take the fewer episode count as a positive thing.

Glad to hear it. I watched all of S1, but found it tedious and an absolute chore to get through. The acting was bad, the pacing was slow, and the plot was downright ridiculous. The action scenes were about all I enjoyed, but unfortunately it seemed like it took forever to get to them. If S2 has a different showrunner, hopefully the show's many problems will be fixed.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Please be better than season 1. Virtually EVERY supporting character was better than Danny Rand. Should have been Danny Bland.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Their original deal with Marvel leading up to "The Defenders" mandated 13-episode seasons. Netflix's in-house productions are generally 10 episodes (or less) per season, or split up, so I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed for more flexibility in episode counts for the post-"Defenders" seasons.

Please be better than season 1. Virtually EVERY supporting character was better than Danny Rand. Should have been Danny Bland.
I'm still kind of hoping Danny Rand gets killed off, and Colleen Wing has her own encounter with Shou-Lao the Undying to take up the mantle.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Their original deal with Marvel leading up to "The Defenders" mandated 13-episode seasons. Netflix's in-house productions are generally 10 episodes (or less) per season, or split up, so I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed for more flexibility in episode counts for the post-"Defenders" seasons.

I'm still kind of hoping Danny Rand gets killed off, and Colleen Wing has her own encounter with Shou-Lao the Undying to take up the mantle.
THAT is an excellent scenario!!! Like it A LOT.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

So you want them to kill the character namesake of the show

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Loved season 1 so really looking forward to this. I think the reduction to 10 episodes will help a lot for all the Netflix Marvel shows. Daredevil Season 2, Jessica Jones season 1, Iron Fist season 1 and Defenders were the only 4 Netflix Marvel seasons that kept me involved and interested the whole time. Overall I was really enjoying the Marvel Netflix series through The Defenders but since then The Punisher Season 1 and Jessica Jones season 2 were a chore and struggle to get through. No interesting villains, very little story and few action scenes. I didn't enjoy Luke Cage Season 1 that much but it was better than JJ 2 and Punisher but I couldn't make it past episode 2 for Luke Cage season 2 I could already tell it was going to be another struggle to get through so I stopped. So I really hope this gets the series back on track. Daredevil season 3 should have been up by now but I guess they are not using the same order anymore.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The new season starts Friday. I have yet to see any reviews. That's unusual, isn't it?

BTW count me as someone who enjoyed season 1 too. I rewatched it this summer on blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks