The Equalizer 2 (2018)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Title: The Equalizer 2 (2018)

Tagline: Not all enemies are created equal.

Genre: Thriller, Action, Crime

Director: Antoine Fuqua

Cast: Denzel Washington, Pedro Pascal, Ashton Sanders, Orson Bean, Bill Pullman, Melissa Leo, Jonathan Scarfe, Sakina Jaffrey, Kazy Tauginas, Garrett Golden, Adam Karst, Alican Barlas, Rhys Olivia Cote, Tamara Hickey, Ken Baltin, Colin Allen, Antoine de Lartigue, Abigail Marlowe, Jim Loutzenhiser, Alessandra Noelle Rosenfeld, Lillie Dickens, Rex Baning, Lance A. Williams, Caroline Day, Rory Benjamin Smith, Ted Arcidi, Rutherford Cius, Wesley Pereira, David Carrasquillo, Nathaniel Chaney, Jermaine Holt, Drew Cooper, Jay Hieron, Naheem Garcia, Gloria Papert, Phil Tavares, Tim Doherty, Cj Stuart, Donald Cerrone, Gabrielle Lorthe, Karen Strong, Marley Dauphin, Elena Capaldi, Penélope de la Rosa, Miguel Nascimento, Maximillian McNamara, Gerry Pucci, Phyllis Kay, Johnny L. Hernandez, Andrei Arlovski, Liam McNeill

Release: 2018-07-19

Plot: Robert McCall returns to deliver his special brand of vigilante justice -- but how far will he go when it's someone he loves?

Some people that liked the first Equalizer, might not like this one because it took its time revealing the story line. It had plenty of action, but the narrative of the film was a lot slower than the first film. IMO, it was a good movie so I disagree with the Rotten Tomatoes film rating at 50%. I have a feeling that I'm going to be in the minority because some people might find this film too slow for them.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I saw it yesterday and enjoyed it more than the first film. I don’t remember anything at all that happened in the first movie, just that it felt long and violent and that I was bored throughout.

This one I mostly enjoyed (though also found it forgettable). I thought Denzel was great and I enjoyed his “character” scenes (especially with the neighbor kid he mentors) but the main action plot that Denzel is there to resolve felt like a tired retread of stuff I’ve seen a thousand times. So while I liked Denzel and his character, I wish he had been given more to do.

I appreciated the pace at which the movie unfolded and that it had room for lots of character moments.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I thought the first one was slow moving, but I really like it. Maybe I'll try to get to those one tomorrow.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Caught a cheap matinee ($5) this afternoon. It's my birthday week so AMC treated me to free popcorn and soda.

The film had plenty of action and bad things happening to bad guys that deserved it. But the plot was a bit too disjointed for my tastes. I didn't feel it was slow so much as it seemed "confused". The problem is completely the film's editing. I can handle multiple subplots but the way it was all edited together didn't provide a good flow.

The Booth Bijou gives 'The Equalizer 2' 3.75 out of 5 stars. Without the badass action, it would be 3.5 or even 3.25. Worth seeing, but not a film I'll be telling my friends to go see.

Mark

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just saw this. I suppose the amount of posts in here should tell it all. The movie was incomprehensible. I have seen the first one but I don't remember anything from it. This movie does not try to help you understand who he is and what's happening. Yes it has good action scenes but they don't mean anything especially in a "revenge" flick if you don't connect.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Hmmm. Well, I have to disagree. I thought it was a pretty strong action film overall. But then I really liked the first Equalizer, so I was predisposed to like the sequel. It does take its time, with some subplots being more interesting than others, but it still delivers plenty of action and some nice character bits for Denzel. Will be getting this on Blu-Ray eventually.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I thought it was a disappointingly generic sequel. The first one was much better in every way I thought.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks