What's new

Just got hooked on Hi-Def (1 Viewer)

English Invader

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Simon
I recently bought my first Blu-Ray player (cue music from 2001: a Space Odyssey) and I've been enjoying all my old favourites in HD. It all started when I found a cheap Hendrix HD-DVD at my local record store and got the HD-DVD drive for the XBox 360 for £5 from CEX. Got a load more HD DVDs on the cheap and Blu-Ray was kind of inevitable from there.

I have quite an extensive set-up for various gadgets:

circa 2008 Panasonic flatscreen - has 3x HDMI, 2x RGB, composite, component, S-Video and RF; it's a real swiss army knife for my old game consoles/computers and I couldn't hope to find a TV with all those inputs in today's market; this was also a very generous hand-me-down from my 90 year old grandfather

Aiwa 14" CRT and VCR combi - for the consoles/computers that either still need a CRT or look a thousand times better on a CRT

Funai DVD/VCR combi with 250GB hard drive - got this unused for £20 from a charity shop and it's been a good little trooper; I still watch VHS sometimes so this device still comes in handy

Panasonic Blu-Ray player - compact design fits very nicely on top of the 360 HD DVD drive

XBox 360 Slim with HD-DVD drive - originally got the 360 to hook up next to my PC via VGA to play all the games my ageing Linux desktop couldn't handle but it's now an integral part of my home theatre set-up

LG multi-region DVD player (on the way) - this should fit just fine between the Blu-Ray and the HD-DVD and allow me to play my import DVDs within my HT set-up instead of having to mess around with VLC on my computer

Kitsound bookshelf speakers - mostly used with my turntable but just as easy to hook them up to my TV and other gadgets

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Simon: Welcome to the HTF!

Glad you found us. You'll find a whole bunch of like-minded enthusiasts here to talk with about the hobby!

:welcome:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks