What's new

No Video from Receiver - Yamaha RX-A73 (1 Viewer)

izitbroken

Auditioning
Real Name
Jonathan
Hi all.

I went on vacation and came back to receiver issues. Joy.
On Thursday night, I was watching a movie without any issues, but when I got back on Tuesday, no video (audio works fine). I don't even have the main menu from the receiver. Just my TV's "no signal" message.
I've unplugged everything and made sure all the HDMI cables work with other devices (with the exception of a second TV as I do not have one). As one might expect, none of my devices (XBox, cable, AppleTV, etc.) show up on the TV when router through the receiver -- they work fine if plugged directly into the TV via HDMI.
I've tried resetting the receiver, but don't have access to many of the settings since I can't see anything on my TV.

Here are the specs of what I dealing with

Receiver: Yamaha Aventage RX-A730
TV: Panasonic Viera (not sure of the exact model number as I didn't purchase it)
All connections via HDMI
Everything is plugged into a surge protector so my hope it wasn't a power surge (nothing else in the house was tripped)

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My default recommendation with issues like this is to disconnect the power from the receiver for a few minutes, then plug it back in. Hopefully there wasn’t a surge that cooked your hdmi board.

WhereYou

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
Unplug all the cables, power, and plug again, it may help. I have had the similar issue before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks