Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Title: Welcome to Marwen

Tagline: He found courage in the most unexpected place

Genre: Drama, Comedy, Fantasy, Animation

Director: Robert Zemeckis

Cast: Steve Carell, Leslie Mann, Merritt Wever, Janelle Monáe, Diane Kruger, Falk Hentschel, Eiza González, Gwendoline Christie, Stefanie von Pfetten, Leslie Zemeckis, Siobhan Williams, Neil Jackson, Matt O'Leary, Eric Keenleyside, Veena Sood, Christie-Lee Britten, Matthew Kevin Anderson, Nikolai Witschl, Matt Ellis, Conrad Coates, Samantha Hum, Jason Burkart, Robert Mann, Alexander Lowe, Sharon Crandall, Patrick Roccas, Kate Gajdosik

Release: 2018-12-21

Plot: A man copes with life after an assault by constructing a miniature replica version of a World War II era town in his backyard. Adapted from the 2010 documentary "Marwencol."

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A live-action/animation hybrid that not only looks original but interesting on a level that most films that use the technique don't.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
That trailer hasn't really drawn me in. But it's Robert Zemeckis, so I'm sure I'll go to it.

As I said in the other thread, I do think going limited on December 21 and widening in January would be an advantage for something like this so that the bigger tentpoles don't eat it alive. We'll see what happens.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I, personally, don't go to films based on who the director or main actor is. The trailer has to pique some sort of interest in me to see the film and this one managed to do it.

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
I hadn't heard of it either until I saw the trailer at the theatre last week. Certainly looks interesting and has Oscar "bait" written all over Steve Carrell.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
I will definitely go see this. Looks like a story that's pretty unique to me, and Carrell looks like he does an amazing job. I have been hungry for something really new...I'm a little over sequels and prequels.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I will definitely go see this. Looks like a story that's pretty unique to me, and Carrell looks like he does an amazing job. I have been hungry for something really new...I'm a little over sequels and prequels.
I guess it's new... if you didn't see the documentary it's based on ;)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The first thing I thought of was Small Soldiers, the Joe Dante film from 1998.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks