What's new

Pre-Order The Bride (1985) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
206503_front.jpg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
pre-ordered!:)

For the life of me I can never understand why this film has such negative reviews. I think Sting does a fantastic job(as does Jennifer Beals). Very atmospheric twist on the Frankenstein story. Such a wonderful film. One of my favorite films of the 80's.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
pre-ordered!:)

For the life of me I can never understand why this film has such negative reviews. I think Sting does a fantastic job(as does Jennifer Beals). Very atmospheric twist on the Frankenstein story. Such a wonderful film. One of my favorite films of the 80's.

Well, everyone sees things through different eyes than yours. I find the film largely laughable. Sting is always an interesting actor, but less so in this than in BRIMSTONE AND TREACLE, STORMY MONDAY, etc. Jennifer Beals was sort-of justly popular for FLASHDANCE (a better dancer than actor) really does not appeal to me in this except for her nude scene. If this was really meant to supplant THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN for modern audiences, it utterly fails. And atmosphere?...meh.

I am sure that if ten more people add their opinions to this thread, there will be ten more completely unique opinions.

And that diversity is what makes the world (and HTF) go 'around! ;)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Well, everyone sees things through different eyes than yours. I find the film largely laughable. Sting is always an interesting actor, but less so in this than in BRIMSTONE AND TREACLE, STORMY MONDAY, etc. Jennifer Beals was sort-of justly popular for FLASHDANCE (a better dancer than actor) really does not appeal to me in this except for her nude scene. If this was really meant to supplant THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN for modern audiences, it utterly fails. And atmosphere?...meh.

I am sure that if ten more people add their opinions to this thread, there will be ten more completely unique opinions.

And that diversity is what makes the world (and HTF) go 'around! ;)

Just watched the HD transfer on Amazon Prime. It looks great, and being years since I last watched it (when did the DVD come out?) I was afraid I might not be as fond of it as I was so many years ago.
But no, nothing has changed. I still think it is a really good movie. I liked it when I first saw it on HBO in 1987, When the DVD was released in widescreen, and now in glorious HD. Life is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks