What's new

Pre-Order The Jerk: 40th Anniversary (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
212777_front.jpg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The opening line of narration is the best part of this movie, IMO. This movie has already seen a Blu-ray release. So, Universal...how about a 70th Anniversary edition of THE HEIRESS in 2019? Or a 65th Anniversary edition of THIS ISLAND EARTH in 2020 (but why wait?) And how about FIRST Blu-ray releases of scores of your most requested movies, anniversaries be damned?

Just sayin'.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
All of Me needs a Blu-ray upgrade more. It was one of the first DVDs I bought … 19 years ago! It hasn't been remastered since to my knowledge.

I wasn't aware it had ever graduated from that horrible THORN/EMI VHS release to a DVD. In any case, I agree -- this needs an upgrade to0 Blu-ray. Funny movie with some of Martin's most inventive physical comedy.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Catlin Adams, who plays Patty Bernstein the biker chick, is now a highly sought after acting coach and teacher. Among the actors she's coached: Nicole Kidman, Brad Pitt, Lily Tomlin, Naomi Watts, Aaron Eckhart, Zoe Saldana and Jamie Bell. I studied with her for 3 years (1994-1997). An incredible teacher.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Catlin Adams, who plays Patty Bernstein the biker chick, is now a highly sought after acting coach and teacher. Among the actors she's coached: Nicole Kidman, Brad Pitt, Lily Tomlin, Naomi Watts, Aaron Eckhart, Zoe Saldana and Jamie Bell. I studied with her for 3 years (1994-1997). An incredible teacher.
I saw her onstage in Titanic The Musical.

Also played the boy/girl maiden in Dragonslayer.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I saw her onstage in Titanic The Musical.

Also played the boy/girl maiden in Dragonslayer.
You sure about that as that actress looked younger than Catlin Adams?:) Caitlan Clarke is whom you're thinking of and unfortunately she died several years ago.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
You’re right. I stand corrected. Caitlin is such an unusual name I got them mixed up.

Can’t believe Miss Clark died in 2004. Sad.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The Jerk (40th Anniversary Edition) is out in two months, but today we're happy to share the final list of bonus features!

- NEW Remastered from a Brand-New 2K Transfer
- NEW A Conversation with Steve Martin and Carl Reiner
- NEW A Conversation with Writers Michael Elias and Carl Gottlieb
- Learn How to Play "Tonight You Belong To Me"
- The Lost Film Strips of Father Carlos Las Vegas De Cordova
- Trailers & Radio Spots

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
The opening line of narration is the best part of this movie, IMO. This movie has already seen a Blu-ray release. So, Universal...how about a 70th Anniversary edition of THE HEIRESS in 2019? Or a 65th Anniversary edition of THIS ISLAND EARTH in 2020 (but why wait?) And how about FIRST Blu-ray releases of scores of your most requested movies, anniversaries be damned?

Just sayin'.
Just about every Universal blu ray release from the day they started releasing them, up until about 2012-2013, is pretty useless. Full of DNR and other horrible artefacts - just look their first efforts at at Spartacus, Big Lebowski, 12 Monkeys, 40 Year Old Virgin, Brokeback Mountain etc etc. Awful. And that's what quite a few of the reviewers and purchasing public liked too. Seen the original review for Big Lebowski on bluray.com? Four stars for video quality, I kid you not. Spartacus was awarded three. Then Universal realised that their 2010 Out Of Africa was just so rubbish, they actually went ahead and remastered the damn thing a mere two years later. And offered replacement discs for those who'd bought the inferior original. Steven Spielberg and Martin Scorsese weighed in and said grain is part of a theatrical appearance and the more discerning home theatre public started re-assessing what a proper high definition picture should look like. Films shot on film should not look like video games do on Playstation. At this stage, just about every remastered catalogue transfer looks streets ahead of anything produced 10 years ago. Especially projected. So I don't mind one jot that the previous mistakes are now released properly. The first The Jerk was so bad, even blu-ray.com gave up and awarded the video two stars.

Last edited:

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I'm going to wait for the 41st Anniversary Edition.:D

Seriously though, in tempted to double dip on this. A comedy classic!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
So, I am learning through this thread that the first BD release of THE JERK (which I own) is awful.

Would never have known because it sits with hundreds of other titles still in shrinkwrap.

I may buy this, but certainly not until it drops to $20 in the upcoming months.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I own 'The Jerk' on HD DVD, which is the same VC-1 encode as the Blu-ray. It's never been what I'd consider an outstanding transfer. Yet, I wasn't foolish enough to "upgrade" my HD DVD to the current Blu-ray in 2013 when it was released (there were a good number of people that did). So, I will be purchasing this remastered version on Blu. But, as Ron says, when the price is right.

I've been pleased with how many HD DVD titles I own have been slowly replaced with MUCH better versions on Blu-ray. I'm only buying them twice instead of three times like those that dumped their entire HD DVD collection in haste.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks