What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon submitted a new blog post

Weekly RoundUp 8-21-2018
WRU-Banner-2018a-1024x661.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey RoundUppers!

Another week which brings a collection of some interesting new releases combined with some deep catalog titles.

But just Deadpool 2 for me. I didn't get to it in the theater so am really looking forward to seeing this next chapter. I've pretty much given up on all super hero films. But, Deadpool is just, well....different! :D Just a little bit! Am I right?!? :laugh:

And Heaven Can Wait at some future CC sale. But I've got SUCH a backlog of CC and other titles right now...I'm in no rush.

Safe shopping!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hey RoundUppers!

Another week which brings a collection of some interesting new releases combined with some deep catalog titles.

But just Deadpool 2 for me. I didn't get to it in the theater so am really looking forward to seeing this next chapter. I've pretty much given up on all super hero films. But, Deadpool is just, well....different! :D Just a little bit! Am I right?!? :laugh:

And Heaven Can Wait at some future CC sale. But I've got SUCH a backlog of CC and other titles right now...I'm in no rush.

Safe shopping!
I would guess Peg won't be joining you for that Blu-ray viewing.;)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike!

I hope you like it more than I did, but I thought Deadpool 2 was significantly worse than the first film and a big disappointment to me, so I don't need to buy that disc. The end credits scene was hilarious, but everything leading up to it didn't work for me.

So, nothing for me this week. A few of those Marvel catalog titles on sale at Target that I don't have yet should enter my collection eventually, but not for $22.99.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'll pick up Deadpool 2 down the road, once the price comes down. I enjoyed it in theaters, more than I thought I would, but I'm not in a big rush to see it again.

That's a really good price for the complete series of "Masters of Sex" on Blu, but I don't have the time to tackle another whole show right now.

So nothing for me! Time to chip away at the backlog.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nothing for me as I spent my movie money at the Kino sale.

Will upgrade Heaven Can Wait to blu at Barnes & Noble later this year.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike.

I did have a review for this week - the DVD set of NCIS: The Fifteenth Season. It can be found here.

Deadpool 2 will be a blind buy for me, too, and I also pre-ordered Strait-Jacket/Berserk months ago, so looking forward to seeing both of those again after many years away from each. The Last Hunt is one I've never seen before, but it's coming on TCM this week, and I have set the DVR to catch it for me. If I like it, I'll be adding that Blu-ray to the collection at some point.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike.

I did have a review for this week - the DVD set of NCIS: The Fifteenth Season. It can be found here.

Deadpool 2 will be a blind buy for me, too, and I also pre-ordered Strait-Jacket/Berserk months ago, so looking forward to seeing both of those again after many years away from each. The Last Hunt is one I've never seen before, but it's coming on TCM this week, and I have set the DVR to catch it for me. If I like it, I'll be adding that Blu-ray to the collection at some point.
You should enjoy "The Last Hunt" especially the ending which was unique for the time that film was made.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Hmmm...Amazon now indicates the Strait-Jacket/Berserk! double feature isn't releasing until September 25.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And the link is now in the RoundUp.

I can't say I'm surprised by your review, Todd. I haven't seen the film. But as a dog lover I give close attention to all films about dogs and the trailer for this one couldn't even come close to making it look good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks