What's new

Pre-Order Celebrating Mickey (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Gosh. That is a useful link. No cover. No description. Just a title. I'm interested, but I'd kind of like to know what it is.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Gosh. That is a useful link. No cover. No description. Just a title. I'm interested, but I'd kind of like to know what it is.
I found this bit of info on the D23 website:
An Animated Tribute

Gather your family around your couch and grab your favorite Mickey sweets, because we’ve got the marathon for you: Walt Disney Animation Studios will celebrate Mickey’s cartoon legacy with the release of Celebrating Mickey, featuring 13 classic short films on Digital and Blu-ray this fall.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
If they're complete shorts, I'm in. If it's a bleeding chunks comp reel, no.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
DMC is frequently the last place for many items to show up FWIW (even the exclusives), but if it's officially unveiled soon, possible next cycle something may show up on the site -- with no real information available yet, I suspect they're preparing some be Reveal Party for the birthday celebration. Preorders often show up later than on most regular retail sites though Pixar Short V3 was one of the exceptions.

Ex -- nothing about the 4 new re-releases is on the site now and those release prior to the next roll-over.

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
What happened to the pre-order link? All I'm seeing is "currently unavailable"? As for the disc, I'd really like to know the exact contents. While I have all of the WDT DVDs, I would love to have blu-ray upgrades of the vintage Disney shorts (and Zorro, the various Walt Disney Presents/Wonderful World of Color, the Mickey Mouse Club, MMC serials, etc, but that's the subject for another discussion). Thirteen cartoons seems paltry, but it's better than the nothing we've been getting the past several years.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
71Ru1Kqvf6L._SX425_.jpg

Amazon has cover art now.

And to answer the question...my guess is this title, like all Disney titles on Amazon, is going through the normal spat.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
And I'm in. It's Mickey, on BD for a decent price. Outside of the Disney shorts disc and anything as an extra, is this the first time a Mickey short will be in HD?
No. There have been quite a few as extras on animated classics Blu-rays, and there are also quite a few available on iTunes in HD.

ThadK

Second Unit
JFC. I was hoping these horrid HD versions that make the Disney cartoons look "modern" by scrubbing all the grain and muting the beautiful Technicolor would stop getting exposure. Too bad.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The smear-storation of Mickey's Christmas Carol makes me hope that whatever shorts they do choose to include fare better than that did.

But still, 90 years? Really? I still remember the hullabaloo over Mickey's 60th anniversary; I even got to go to Disneyland. I was 5 then. They started downplaying the word "birthday" more than they did for his 50th; that earworm of a song was later reused for the 55th anniversary special on The Disney Channel, which re-purposed a lot of elements from the NBC special from five years earlier but without the celebrity walk-ons.

Disney's original home video logo, created the same year, was based on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks