What's new

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)- Olive Signature Release 10/16/2018 (1 Viewer)

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Do they even have any unmatted elements for this title? Whenever they've done a 4x3 release in the past, it's been a blowup of the 2:1 transfer. I'd love to see this title with more headroom!

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
Do they even have any unmatted elements for this title? Whenever they've done a 4x3 release in the past, it's been a blowup of the 2:1 transfer. I'd love to see this title with more headroom!

Actually, it needs a bit more chin-room.

That may sound strange (yeah, it does),
but the improperly forced Superscope 2.00 suffers more there (for this particular film) than it does in the headroom.
Yes, 1.85 would fix both top and bottom.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Actually, it needs a bit more chin-room.

That may sound strange (yeah, it does),
but the improperly forced Superscope 2.00 suffers more there (for this particular film) than it does in the headroom.
Yes, 1.85 would fix both top and bottom.
I gather that previous releases of this film on disc could be dubbed "Invasion Of The Body Part Snatchers"? :rolling-smiley:

Hopefully, Olive gets this one right!

CHEERS! :)

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
Correct AR is 1.85:1.

Correct audio mix is three-channel Perspecta Stereophonic sound. Paramount has restored the track.

Do you know if this track will be on the Signature Edition ?
(and who's Signature? Who is left to sign what?)

Are there elements that could give us hope for a true 1.85 aspect ratio ?

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Do you know if this track will be on the Signature Edition ?
(and who's Signature? Who is left to sign what?)

Are there elements that could give us hope for a true 1.85 aspect ratio ?

A couple of years ago I told Olive about the Perspecta track and suggested they talk to Paramount if they ever upgraded to a Signature title. The email reply said they would take this title under consideration. I heard many years ago the original negative is gone. I understood most SuperScope (1954-1957) films, the camera negative was 1.33:1.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
A couple of years ago I told Olive about the Perspecta track and suggested they talk to Paramount if they ever upgraded to a Signature title. The email reply said they would take this title under consideration. I heard many years ago the original negative is gone. I understood most SuperScope (1954-1957) films, the camera negative was 1.33:1.

Even if the original negative is gone, it is possible that other pre-print elements exist. I wish that we could find some definitive word on what element(s) is/are sitting around.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
There are (at the very least) several known 16mm prints of the full-frame original cut in collectors hands. Santo Oliveri (Good Times Home Video, Film Shows Inc, Matinee Memories, Garfield Productions) had one many years ago. I saw it projected at a collectors home in Rutherford, NJ.

Last edited:

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
There are (at the very least) several known 16mm prints of the full-frame original cut in collectors hands. Santo Oliveri (Good Times Home Video, Film Shows Inc, Matinee Memories, Garfield Productions) had one many years ago.

That could offer some hope that full-frame 35mm elements exist, and possibly from pre-print elements. I wish those that owned this film cared enough to step up to the plate and see what does exist. I would love to see the best possible image of this film in the camera-framed 1.85 to 1.

As to versions with & without the bookends to the movie, well fine,
but, with or without, I'm interested in seeing it properly composed in 1.85.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Finally !!! : ) Oct.16th Thanks Olive. 1.85:1 IMDB says that this is the correct AR. I just looked. I thought it was 2.00:1 Superscope like Vera Cruz The (1954) UA western. I hope it looks much Better.

Last edited:

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Finally !!! : ) Oct.16th Thanks Olive. 1.85:1 IMDB says that this is the correct AR. I just looked. I thought it was 2.00:1 Superscope like Vera Cruz The (1954) UA western. I hope it looks much Better.

Don't trust IMDB. They only list information that has been submitted from unknown sources.

You can trust the 3-D Film Archive: we have the primary source documents to support our findings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks