What's new

Big Wednesday coming from WAC on Blu-ray! (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Warner Archive Collection
2 hrs ·
BIG WEDNESDAY (1978)
NEW 2018 1080p HD remaster!
Run Time 119:00
Subtitles English SDH
Sound Quality DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 2.40:1, 16 X 9 LETTERBOX
Product Color COLOR
Disc Configuration BD 50
Special Features:
Feature-Length Audio Commentary by Director/Cowriter John Milius;Retrospective Documentary "Capturing the Swell"; Theatrical Trailer

No matter what rolled in on the tides of time, California surfing buddies Matt, Jack and Leory knew they’d stick together. And that they’d be ready when a rare 20-foot swell hit the coast at last.

Big Wednesday celebrates surfing as much as the most dedicated kid who ever waxed a board. It’s also a fascinating 1962-1974 chronicle of friendships and lifestyles in transition. John Milius (Apocalypse Now, Red Dawn) directs and coscripts with a passion for the ultimate ride and a truthful feel for those turbulent times. Stars Jan-Michael Vincent and William Katt are accomplished surfers; colead Gary Busey (Point Break, 1991) learned for the role. And the vivid camerawork drops you inside awesome barrels of ocean blue.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I saw it once a few years ago, I think it has a cult following, it's the class act of this bunch anyway.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I love this movie. I think it had a special premiere here in Hawaii, though I saw it at a regular showing.

I'm wondering if this is the original theatrical cut. As I remember it, the DVD and TV showings always cut out an important scene which was in the theatrical version. I think I saw this a couple of times at the theater but never got to see that scene again. (I do own the DVD and digital and should double check.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks