What's new

Apple Watch Series 4 Buyers and Owners thread (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Hi everyone,

I did a search but all the threads are a year or more old, so I thought with the release of WatchOS 5 and the new Series 4 watches, as a first-time owner, what are everyone's favorite resources to learn how to use their Apple Watches?

Thanks in advance!

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Just play around with it. That's how I learned to do 95% of what I use my watch for on the first day of ownership. If there was something I couldn’t figure out, Google became my friend.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Cool, I'll check it out. Just thought there might be some super secret double probation site that has the "best unknown features" of the Watch that I should be checking out.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just play around with it. That's how I learned to do 95% of what I use my watch for on the first day of ownership. If there was something I couldn’t figure out, Google became my friend.

I agree!

The watch is so intuitive you'll figure most of it out within the first day.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Made this the official S4 thread. Thanks Carlo.

Based on the reviews I am definitely going to get a S4 GPS. I would buy the fricking cellular version if it didn't have the additioanl $10 bite per month. I pay for unlimited Verizon, gimme a damn break.

So I saw on B&H that the Nike version is the same price and comes with the sport loop I liked on my S2. Is the only difference you can get the Nike watch faces? Can you not get the Nike faces on the non-Nike? Why wouldn't you get the Nike version if they have that capability for no more dollars?

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I ordered the Nike aluminum with the black sport band from B&H last week, as an upgrade from my Series 2.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Just changed to Preparing to ship. Wonder how long it takes from China to Los Angeles.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Carlo,

If your watch is due to arrive on the 21st you will get it that day.

It's one-day shipping from China to your destination.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
It’s scheduled 9/28-10/2. So it’s ahead of schedule hopefully. Unless it’s media mail.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
They mostly ship UPS. There are some orders that do go FedEx but for the most part, I always get my phone and watches via UPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks