What's new

Brewster McCloud (1970)- coming from WAC (2 Viewers)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
NEW 2018 1080p HD remaster!
Run Time 105:00
Subtitles English SDH
Sound DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 2.40:1, 16 X 9 LETTERBOX
Disc Configuration BD 50
COLOR

Brewster McCloud (Bud Cort) lives deep within the cavernous underground of the Houston Astrodome, but his dreams rise much higher. He aims to fly. Not in a plane. But with strapped-on wings he’s designing – encouraged by a mysterious woman (Sally Kellerman) who may be his guardian angel.

But Brewster McCloud, Robert Altman’s wild, anarchic cult fave, isn’t about dreams as much as it is about the highs and lows of humanity. It’s a serial-killer mystery. A frenetic car-chase flick. A crazy circus-finale comedy. Shelley Duvall debuts as the tour guide whose seduction of Brewster may lead to his undoing. Ah, love. The thing that at once shapes and unravels us. The thing that may or may not give us wings.

bm.jpg

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I, too, would love to know how the vetting goes when deciding on titles. I don't love BREWSTER, but I admire Altman and will pick this up. I already own one of the DRACULA titles (from the UK) and have no interest in the modern-day one. I would give up my right nut to be on the committee (if that's what it is) that picks and chooses titles that are in good enough shape for Blu-ray release.

Last edited:

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
[QUOTE="Dick, post: 4654042, member: 272249"]I, too, would love to know how the vetting goes when deciding on titles. I don't love BREWSTER, but I admire Alterman and will pick this up. I already own one of the DRACULA titles (from the UK) and have no interest in the modern-day one. I would give up my right nut to be on the committee (if that's what it is) that picks and chooses titles that are in good enough shape for Blu-ray release.[/QUOTE]

I've given that game up. When 1 out of 20 catalog releases is actually something I want to own, I just consider myself fortunate. I'm done raging against the machine.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Yeah, right. Said this before. Between Sept.'s dearth and Oct.'s slate of...uh...stuff...I won't be dropping any coin on WAC releases. Bad Ronald? Brewster McCloud? Hammer Dracula's. No thanks. 'nough said.

PS - can we just get someone at WAC to give us Reversal of Fortune and Nuts - two titles from a similar vintage I would have snatched up in a heartbeat.

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
This one does not seem out of left field to me. Robert Altman is one of the all time greats, and this one is an Altman cult favorite. I'm surprised it has taken this long to get a blu-ray release.

I'm an Altman fan, so I will probably get it. (I have the movie recorded from TCM and may watch it from that first).

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I think people may be missing the main point of WAC releases. They have sale figures on the MOD DVD titles. That should be a main consideration for them on what to release along with sale figures from WHV titles they control now.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Hammer Dracula's.

But not the most important and requested one, the 1958 (HORROR OF) DRACULA. What the hell is holding this (and CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN) up?

Last edited:

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I find Altman hit and miss but I actually quite like this one. Already bought the HD version on iTunes for $5, so I'll be passing on the disc.

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
NEW 2018 1080p HD remaster!
Run Time 105:00
Subtitles English SDH
Sound DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 2.40:1, 16 X 9 LETTERBOX
Disc Configuration BD 50
COLOR

Brewster McCloud (Bud Cort) lives deep within the cavernous underground of the Houston Astrodome, but his dreams rise much higher. He aims to fly. Not in a plane. But with strapped-on wings he’s designing – encouraged by a mysterious woman (Sally Kellerman) who may be his guardian angel.

But Brewster McCloud, Robert Altman’s wild, anarchic cult fave, isn’t about dreams as much as it is about the highs and lows of humanity. It’s a serial-killer mystery. A frenetic car-chase flick. A crazy circus-finale comedy. Shelley Duvall debuts as the tour guide whose seduction of Brewster may lead to his undoing. Ah, love. The thing that at once shapes and unravels us. The thing that may or may not give us wings.

View attachment 49678
When is the release date?
Splot

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks