Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd Erwin submitted a new blog post

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom UHD Review
JWFK-feat-1024x576.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Dino roars often pierced the room in sonic clarity
Is there any bass to the roars in this film? That's always been a major disappointment for me in most of these films, that the tyrannosaur roars and other large animal sounds don't seem to engage the subwoofer.

I watched the DVD of The Ghost and the Darkness a few weeks back, and the growls of the lions were really noticeable in the sub. Giant dinosaurs, not so much.

But my 3D blu arrived yesterday, so I guess I'll find out shortly.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I somehow haven't ordered this yet, will have to grab a copy. I liked it in the theater, but agree it's pretty empty. Definitely lags once they get to the mansion, there's no timer running the melodrama! If it's got Dinosaurs and Atmos I am all for it tho. Wait, what? DTS:X only? Bleee.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Isn't X the DTS equivalent of Atmos?

DTS:X

Rather than define a fixed number of channels, one for each speaker, DTS:X allows the "location" (direction from the listener) of "objects" (audio tracks) to be specified as polar coordinates. The audio processor is then responsible for dynamically rendering sound output depending on the number and position of speakers available. Dolby Atmos uses a similar technique, although the speaker layout employed by cinema DTS:X is the sum of Dolby Atmos and Auro-3D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks