What's new

Press Release New Twentieth Century Fox Television DVD Titles Coming Soon (September 20 2018) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
63a8cbe2-ddd5-46e3-b4c9-57ed39a5c344.jpg

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LOS ANGELES, CA (September 20, 2018)
FOX MOD titles just announced – 

LA To Vegas: The Complete First Season Available on DVD now
APB: The Complete Series Available on DVD now
Shots Fired: The Complete Series Available on DVD now
You’re The Worst Season: The Complete Fourth Season Available on DVD now
Man Seeking Woman: The Complete Third Season Available on DVD now
It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia: The Complete Season 12 Available on DVD now
Empire: The Complete Fourth Season Available on DVD now
Bob’s Burgers: The Complete 6th Season Available on DVD September 25th
Bob’s Burgers: The Complete 7th Season Available on DVD September 25th
Bob’s Burgers: The Complete 8th Season Available on DVD September 25th
Better Things: The Complete 2nd Season Available on DVD September 25th
Ghosted: The Complete First Season Available on DVD October 2nd...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Honestly, I don't even expect them to release new stuff, so vintage doesn't even cross my mind.

And the slate of MOD dumps kind of confirms my "they don't release new stuff" opinion.
That even most new stuff (Including the titles in the OP!) doesn't even get a Blu-ray release, is a perplexing subject in its own right! :blink:

CHEERS! :)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
They know how many copies of TV shows on disc they’re selling, and how many are getting sent back to them from retailers after the first few weeks.

I’m as upset about the winding down of physical media as anyone, but I don’t think a downturn in releases has anything to do with Fox being cowards or whatever, but is simply a matter of them being a for-profit company in the business of making money. There are titles I’d like too that don’t get released.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Josh, I'd almost agree if Fox didn't have a history of ignoring or abandoning classic TV releases. Frequently these have been hotly desired titles that appeared to sell very well when finally licensed out to a 3rd party.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
I too hope the following will be released on DVD soon...
Twelve O'Clock High (1964-1967)
The Green Hornet (1966-1967)
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (1968-1969)
Room 222 (the remaining seasons Shout! Factory didn't release)
The Swiss Family Robinson (1975-1976)
Trapper John, M.D. (1979-1986)
Fall Guy (the remaining seasons that were not already released)
AfterM*A*S*H (1983-1984)
L.A. Law (seasons 4-8, only available on DVD outside North America)

~Ben

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I too hope the following will be released on DVD soon...
Trapper John, M.D. (1979-1986)
Fall Guy (the remaining seasons that were not already released)
~Ben

Do you think that Shout! will be on the remainder of The Fall Guy if it ever gets released?

moviepas

Supporting Actor
The TV series of The Ghost & Mrs Muir was released in two seasons box sets but in PAL, I think, but sometimes they do NTSC instead of titles here and there in Australia. My concern currently is not that they are or are not releasing vintage shows(like Hong Kong with Rod Taylor) but the fact is that Amazon world-wide is refusing to ship goods to Australia since July 1(preorders are still coming!!!!) because, after a postponement of 12 months, requested big companies like Amazon to add 10% sales tax(called gst in Australia) to all orders including shipping costs.

I am a big buyer and DD have no trouble adding the tax and later forwarding to the Australian government and have benefited from my orders. However, even though it has been a smooth ride, the extra service Amazon was providing is lost and UK & European catalogues have no suitable alternatives. If Amazon can add tax for US states that require it now, UK and Europe than they could have for Australia no sweat. Saying I have to order Global stores thru Amazon Australia is nonsense because they have little to offer even though I have signed for Prime which gives me Free delivery. I did find the Blondie/Dagwood ClassicFlix here and I ordered it at A$52 but if I could have ordered it direct then more than $20 would have been saved. DD don't have the recent Kidnapped(1977) issue and it is not on Global Stores. It is stupidity like this that means a lot less discs sold putting more nails in the disc coffin. I go back to 2001 with Amazon and the orders have been extensive as I have also been ordering for others but most of them are dead now.

Had to get this off my chest. Amazon's emails to me are ridiculous in the matter and full of lies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks