Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Neil Middlemiss submitted a new blog post

A Raisin in the Sun Blu-ray Review
a_raisin_in_the_sun_still_2-1024x551.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I can’t believe I’ve never seen this. I think it’s time to change that. Wonderful review - Criterion should give you a commission on my sale :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
One of the few films during my childhood that I can remember watching with my entire family on our living room TV. Usually, there would be somebody missing, most of the time it was my father or an older sibling. Thank you for a wonderful review for a great film.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It's a very powerful stage piece as well, especially if you have a towering actress to play Mama Lena. A few years ago in a local production, I got to play the smarmy, smug Mr. Lindner in this play, and watching the marvelous actress play Lena each performance was quite a cathartic experience every night. Hard for me to act my part after the majestic strength of her portrayal.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Neil M.'s wonderful review convinced me to get this blu-ray during the last sale. Poignant and powerful stuff. Excellent pq.

Reactions: PMF

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for the great review, Neil. I'll be looking to pick up this disc down the road during Criterion sale time.

Reactions: PMF

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Mention really should be made of Laurence Rosenthal's brilliant score.
You are correct, of course. I'll have a word with the reviewer and let him know. He's usually pretty good calling out great scores so not sure what happened here. ;)

Related, I hope this one finds an opportunity to be re-released, the Intrada version (double-billed with Requiem for a Heavyweight) is out of print. Something on your radar, Bruce?

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
We've never been able to crack Sony/Columbia. The guy that licenses there has been very difficult and really seems not interested to license to anyone other than the handful he already licenses, too. I've tried for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks