What's new

Pre-Order Philadelphia: 25th Anniversary Edition (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
211292_front.jpg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
So...new disc or did Sony just repackage the Twilight Time one?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Twilight Time did not issue the film in UHD; that format did not exist when they put out their Blu-ray edition.

Reactions: PMF

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Twilight Time did not issue the film in UHD; that format did not exist when they put out their Blu-ray edition.
He may just have been asking about the Blu-ray that’s included in the package. However even in that case if they were going to recycle a disc Sony wouldn’t use the Twilight Time disc but rather their own which was distributed in Europe and was region-free.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Seems kind of odd that Sony is deciding to release a 4K disc of a film they didn't think there was enough demand for on blu-ray.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It could be a matter of the film already having a 4K master ready to go. Studios also love being able to tie them to anniversary years - so that this was a 25th anniversary might have been a big enough hook for the marketing department / bean counters to take a chance on it.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I'm always grateful for catalog titles being released in 4k, but this seems like an odd choice outside of being an "anniversary year".

English Invader

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Simon
I'm a big fan of the film and have owned it from VHS onwards. I was very impressed with the DVD release and I felt they really went to town with the bonus features. I have the BR but I don't think it brings anything new to the table (just a routine HD upscale).

The main things this film has going for it are the acting and the drama and those aren't things that benefit a great deal from HD or UHD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks