Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd Erwin submitted a new blog post

Ant-Man and the Wasp UHD Review
ant-man-wasp-header-1024x576.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for your review, Todd! I'm looking forward to picking the Blu-ray version of this up when it drops in price a little. It sounds like the extras are pretty standard for Marvel, which doesn't surprise me at this point.

Does the packaging indicate if they're pulling their usual BS again and regulating any extras solely to the digital copy? I thought the best featurettes for both Guardians Vol. 2and Infinity War were the ones they left off the disc.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
ICYMI, the special features portion of the review lists which bonuses are included on the disc and which ones are digital retailer exclusives. (And thank you Todd for listing the specific retailers, I might never have noticed that different storefronts had different options had you not mentioned it.)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I did overlook that. Thanks for pointing it out to both of you.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Todd,

I've noticed that some Dolby Atmos titles have more active Dolby Active channels than others. It kind of drives me crazy to be honest.

RBlenheim

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Blenheim
I'm buying this in 3D from the UK. WHY ON EARTH ARE 3D TITLES RELEASED IN THEATERS HERE IN THE U.S. THEN NOT RELEASED HERE ON BLU-RAY 3D????

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Unfortunately, home 3D has become a dead format in the US, with the major studios declining and/or abandoning the release of home media in that format for new release titles, following the manufacturing decision to stop making new 3D TV sets after 2016. Disney hasn't supported home 3D domestically for over a year.

In the UK, the home video divisions there have smaller metrics for success, and are happy to sell smaller quantities of a title; here, studios have moved to more of an "all or nothing" model where if something isn't selling blockbuster numbers, they're not interested in it. Additionally, 3D has remained more popular among viewers in the UK, while US viewers have soured somewhat on the format.

I agree wholeheartedly that it is frustrating to have to go through these hoops as a US 3D fan. If you haven't already, I cannot suggest more strongly to invest in a region-free player, as we are going to see this happening more and more in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks