What's new

Criterion.com 50% Off MSRP Flash Sale sale October 16 2018 Noon ET (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
SALE LIVE CRITERION FLASH SALE

Through approx Noon ET Wednesday Oct 17, 2018

No PROMO Code needed this sale -- my cart just went to 50% off automatically

Normally this is generally 24 hrs though it often ends up lasting a bit longer and doesn't always get off the mark exactly on time. Extensions have been anywhere from a few minutes to several hours depending on demand and if the server crashes enough time (Soccer Penalty Time)

50% off MSRP (not current/Usual price) all in-stock movies -- DVD, BD, Includes Eclipse set, but not general merchandise

Free Shipping at $50 in the US. I don't think Criterion does international orders other than Canada.

Sales Tax -- NY, KY required to collect for all online sites

New releases included. Preorders almost never are allowed.
Normally items go out of stock and backorders aren't taken, but the last few sales some items return to stock several times.

Criterion Loyalty program -- $50Gift Cert for every cumulative purchase of $500 even if it takes 5 years. In the past those loyal rewards certs are sent via email almost immediately and are eligible for immediate use.

If you are close to $500 and have enough total items, I'd suggest making an order just big enough to qualify for the Loyalty Cert plus FS, then make another $50+ order with the extra money rather than make one large order and then have to wait 6 months for the next flash sale though the GC/Rewards don;t expire. You can load them into your account and the $$$ will be there next sale.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sale is active, no code is necessary. I bought the following titles:

The Naked Prey
Shampoo
The Ballad of Gregorio Cortez
A Raisin in the Sun

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
When's the BN Criterion sale in November? $6.95 a bit steep for shipping for the one item I was interested in (Shampoo). I can wait. But I wish this BD had the "Hal" documentary that recently came out. I've been wanting to see that, and it's not on my demand channel yet (and may not get there). Thanks for update. I just wanted to confirm we'd get a BN sale again this November.

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
My haul:

A Raisin in the Sun
Bull Durham
My Man Godfrey
Ballad of Gregorio Cortez
Heaven Can Wait
Shampoo
Andrei Rublev
Naked Prey
Smithereens

November @ B&N will already be pricey because of the Bergman boxset. This sale helps to spread the load.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Thanks David once again for keeping us abreast :banana:...
Items:
A Raisin in the Sun
CC2946BD
Quantity: 1
Price each: $19.97
Total price: $19.97

The Naked Prey
CC2954BD

A Touch of Zen
CC2652BD

Subtotal: $59.91
Promotion discount: $35.97
Shipping & handling: $0
Total: $59.91
Will use gift certificate for more ... hopefully

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
When's the BN Criterion sale in November? $6.95 a bit steep for shipping for the one item I was interested in (Shampoo). I can wait. But I wish this BD had the "Hal" documentary that recently came out. I've been wanting to see that, and it's not on my demand channel yet (and may not get there). Thanks for update. I just wanted to confirm we'd get a BN sale again this November.

No dates announced yet, but starting between 10/30 and 11/6 seems to be the best bet.

I'd even suggest calling your local store and asking, but in July the start date officially/unofficially changed at least 3 times including Friday and Tuesday within a week the sale was supposed to start

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The Red Shoes
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp
Trilogía de Guillermo del Toro
Women in Love

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop

I read that the Hal documentary is coming from Oscilloscope Films, they put that out and control the release of it on blu-ray...which according to what I read should have some solid special features.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I purchased the following titles this evening:

Black Orpheus
48th Parallel
His Girl Friday

I may purchase a few more tomorrow before the sale expires.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sale is active, no code is necessary. I bought the following titles:

The Naked Prey
Shampoo
The Ballad of Gregorio Cortez
A Raisin in the Sun
I ended up buying four more titles this morning. By doing so, I finally got my $50 gift certificate.

Election
Rumble Fish
The Squid and the Whale
Mulholland Dr.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Thank you for the heads up.
Thanks RC for the redirect link. I never noticed that there’s a whole forum dedicated to announced sales ( learn something new everyday).

On this sale I grabbed:

A Matter Of Life Or Death (1946)

The Blob (1958)

Rebecca (1940)

I looked into getting Notorious but the Criterion version is not being released until January.

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks RC for the redirect link. I never noticed that there’s a whole forum dedicated to announced sales ( learn something new everyday).

On this sale I grabbed:

A Matter Of Life Or Death (1946)

The Blob (1958)

Probably could go after Notorious and Rebecca too if my budget would allow.
Notorious is not part of the sale -- it only includes currently in stock titles.

The site has free shipping on orders over $50, so to get the best deal it makes sense to order at least three titles. Otherwise, the shipping cost for two items makes your total price close to what you would pay for three titles with free shipping.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Notorious is not part of the sale -- it only includes currently in stock titles.

The site has free shipping on orders over $50, so to get the best deal it makes sense to order at least three titles. Otherwise, the shipping cost for two items makes your total price close to what you would pay for three titles with free shipping.

I had just noticed that unfortunately. The same went for Being There (1979).

I asked Criterion about adding additional titles to the same order but they can’t do that. They did however offer to refund shipping fees if I generated another order. With that I added Rebecca.

Didn’t notice the free shipping either. That explains the refund.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sale ended right on the nose at Noon it appears.

BN Sale should be live starting in a couple of weeks so for those that missed the sale or has OOS titles, it's not too long a wait.

Next Flash sale in 4-5 months -- mid Feb to mid March

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks