What's new

iPad apps - TiVO, NYTimes...etc that go from native to web apps, iOS/Android or at a minimum iPhone (1 Viewer)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Just went to my iPad TiVO app to record the Dodgers - Brewers game (I don’t even know where my TiVo remote is, I strictly use my iPad for recording/playback/remote to watch on TV)...and — clearly totally new, demands username/passwords, pretty much acts like a website.

This type of iPad app “upgrade” is never good news, indeed pretty much always bad to very bad news.

The NY Times app has been driving me crazy for months now - I still cling to the old iPad only app, refusing to use the new universal one but things are just getting worst.

I’m sure these are not the only instances — let me know what you have experienced and what you think.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ted,

I am trying to figure out the issue. Are you saying you are upset because the Tivo app acts like a webpage and asks for username and password?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks